Problem with SmartCom Pressure Spike

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Guys, today I dove Aquarena Springs with my new Uwatec Smartcom AI computer...after doing my setup, I had a normal pressure reading of about 2700 psi, however upon entering the water, the pressure jumped to 5076, and remained there for the entire dive. The computer continued to monitor bottom time, depth, max depth etc. correctly. Upon exiting the water the pressure returned to about what I thought it should be (around 1500 psi, I didnt stay down too long with the pressure not reading correctly, and I was with an instructor.) On the second dive of the day, the computer performed flawlessly. LDS said that since it didnt fault twice, keep an eye on it, and let them know if there is a problem again. This doesnt boost my confidence in this computer, any input would be appreciated.

Ryan

I'd start by replacing the batteries. I've had similar things happen with my old Genesis and fresh batteries has always solved the problem to date. Considering that it's getting colder it's not a surprise that you're seeing it now.

R..

Maybe you can export that one dive and email it off to ScubaPro for thier expert advice...

AustinPDDiver:
Thats a great idea, im going to be calling them tomorrow
It is euchered will probably get brand new one, Scubapro does not mess aroud when it comes to warrenty

UPDATE: Computer is off to scubapro, they say they will evaluate it and then chose a course of action. Im thinking replacement!!

Stay Tuned!!

Ryan

AustinPDDiver:
UPDATE: Computer is off to scubapro, they say they will evaluate it and then chose a course of action. Im thinking replacement!!

Stay Tuned!!

Ryan

Initially, Scubapro said that they were repairing my computer and sending it back....today I got a call from my LDS saying my BRAND NEW computer was in!! went buy and picked it up....Good Job Scubapro!!

Ryan

They probably replaced everything but the battery! :D Sorta like when we would tell customers to take off their rad cap and drive a new car under it! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom