Roatan Dive Resorts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nuttytoe

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hello to all!

I just registered as a new user and i already have a question to see if anyone can help me answer. I'm planning a trip to Roatan during March and have a hard time looking for good dive packages and good diver resorts. I checked with AKR and they are all sold out for the week i wanted to go. Any good suggestions on dive resorts?

nuttytoe

Hi Nuttytoe,

First, check out the Central/South America section of the board. I'm sure you'll find lots of info on Roatan (My favorite place is CoCoView, but you'll get all kinds of responses). Tell us all about it when you return.

Welcome to Scubaboard! I'm sure you'll have a great time posting, discussing, arguing, etc.

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums.

As the other fellows suggested, you find a lot in the other forum. When you ask questions, be sure to expalin who will go with you. If you're taking non-diving family, you might prefer Fantasy Island (FIBR), but if you want to dive, dive, dive, you may prefer Coco View (CCV).

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

nuttytoe:
Hello to all!

I just registered as a new user and i already have a question to see if anyone can help me answer. I'm planning a trip to Roatan during March and have a hard time looking for good dive packages and good diver resorts. I checked with AKR and they are all sold out for the week i wanted to go. Any good suggestions on dive resorts?

nuttytoe
Hi

Best shore diving is at Coco View or Fantasy Island, but Anthony Keys is a wonderful resort a PADI IDC and Marine Interpretation Center (Dolphin encounter) , the wreck of the Anguilla is on that side of the Island. Bay Island Beach Resort is home to the spooky channel(very spooky at night). Utilla has also good dive sites .

Hi there and welcome to ScubaBoard! I think that you are really going to enjoy it here! There are so many things to learn, and I think that we can learn some things from you too!

If you have any questions or problems, or you just want to chat, send me a PM, or e-mail me at kayla@scubaboard.com

Have fun, and safe diving!

Kayla! :dazzler1:

Heya and welcome to the Board..... Looks like you've been pointed into the right direction already, so I'll just leave you with a :wavey:

Cheers,
Vickie

:crafty: Hi There-
My wife and I dove AKR a couple of years ago. Food, Hospitality and Diving were all great. They certainly do a great job catering to divers. It looks like you've got a lot of info headed your way. Before planning a trip to Belize this spring, we were considering another trip back to Roatan. Our choice, after doing the research and wanting to go somewhere else, would have been CocoView. When you are on the island, be sure to check out the "Tres Fleurs" restaurant. It sits on top of the Island with an amazing view. Beware of the potholes!! Enjoy!!

WELCOME to ScubaBoard!!!
Give a shout to all of my relatives in Omaha!
Most of 'em don't know me, but probably about every fourth person you meet on the street (especially the ones sleeping it off in the alleyways). Just say hi to them, oh, heck, better say hi to everyone then you won't have to be concerned that you missed the right ones.
Enjoy!

Tom

Back
Top Bottom