O2/CO2 tables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nazgul810

Reaction score
Hi, I have little experience in freediving. What are O2/CO2 tables, how are they used and where can you find them?

Thanks in advance, I would really appreciate someone filling me in on this topic.
-Rob

Hey there,

I'm a newbie too, but I'll tell you what info I know. O2/CO2 tables basically train your body to deal with excessive or depleted amounts of the gases in question. For O2 tables, you train to deal with depleted oxygen levels, whereas with CO2 tables, you train to deal with elevated CO2 levels. I've been told to not try to do more than one set of tables in one day.

I can't seem to locate any of the tables on the net at the moment, although I do know they exsist. Helpful, eh? :wink: I'll keep looking and see what I can find. I have hard copies only.

Here's an example of a co2 table.

- start -
- Hold 2mins
- Recover 2mins
- Hold 2mins
- Recover 1min
- Hold 2mins
- Recover 30secs
- Hold 2mins
- Recover 15secs
- Hold 2mins.
- finish -

holdingmybreath:
Here's an example of a co2 table.

- start -
- Hold 2mins
- Recover 2mins
- Hold 2mins
- Recover 1min
- Hold 2mins
- Recover 30secs
- Hold 2mins
- Recover 15secs
- Hold 2mins.
- finish -

Holdingmybreath set it up nicely for you here. Therefore the static O2 table would look something like:
- start -
- Hold 1 min
- Recover 2 mins
- Hold 1.5 min
- Recover 2 mins
- Hold 2 mins
- Recover 2 mins
- Hold 2.5 mins
- Recover 2 mins
- Hold 3 mins
- Recover 2 mins
- Hold 3.5 mins
- Recover 2 mins
- I end mine with a max effort

Hope this helps. They are really effective! When you're ready to take it farther ask me about Dynamic table training. :wink:

Nazgu,
Check out this link. Static tables program
Scroll down the page to the downloads section. Click on the "static apnea training tables" link. It will take you to a cool little program you can download for your tables. It has co2 and o2 tables that you can customize for your needs.
Later,
Stitch
For saftey, do any tables "dry" or if you do them "wet" have a buddy. Don't rely on a life guard to help. <end disclaimer :eyebrow: >

Bindlestitch:
Nazgu,
Check out this link. Static tables program
Scroll down the page to the downloads section. Click on the "static apnea training tables" link. It will take you to a cool little program you can download for your tables. It has co2 and o2 tables that you can customize for your needs.
Later,
Stitch
For saftey, do any tables "dry" or if you do them "wet" have a buddy. Don't rely on a life guard to help. <end disclaimer :eyebrow: >

Stitch, thanks for the link. By the way, do you do the tables on a regular basis?

Back
Top Bottom