Oak Bay Resort in Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were there in 2001, for little more than 3 weeks.It's pretty basis,no-frills,although they have added a few more rooms since.If your looking to just dive, the south side, it's ok.Food pretty basic,boat small, just the one divemaster also the owner.Not too much else to do, the village of Oak Ridge is pretty small.I would recomend it if you want to get away from the other busy resorts and just concentrate on diving.One thing you should do is arrange a trip to "Hole In the Wall" restaurant for the Sunday BBQ.Not too much for the "non-diving" partner to do-watch out for sand fleas.

I stayed there several years ago and I agree with Jan. It is very basic and rustic. There is no A/C and the water for the showers was hit or miss. He collected rain water as a backup and it helped a lot. We lost electricity several times and the phone service was laughable. The boats used were open and slow. Since it is a very small operation you get personal service. The week I was there, I was the only customer. The shore diving is a bit scary as you must traverse the channel that the water taxis use, but it is interesting especially for a night dive. His beach is very good especially for a small operation and I did not have the problems with no-see-um that the other resorts have. It is rather removed from all of the other resorts or towns of any size so there is really not much else to do than dive. The food was unremarkable but, enjoyable. The price is about the lowest on the island. Enjoy your trip and let us know how it went.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom