Diving West Palm Beach Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

octotat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I plan to visit and dive in the West Palm Beach area from Xmas to Jan 4th. I am looking for some dive partners or charter recommendations. Willing to dive anything, reefs, wrecks, lobster, you name it. I'm actually staying in the Melbourne area but heard the visibility is lousy up there at that time.

Hi,
On your way down from Melbourne, try Jupiter Dive Center, in Jupiter. Great boat, good staff, easy going operation. They tend to do deeper dives (80+ range) so nitrox is a good bet with them.
In West Palm Beach, you could try Diving Solutions. They are in Riveria Beach actually and run the reefs and wrecks. Ask to dive the Governor's Walk wrecks right out side the channel. They are in 80' and if the current isn't running too hard, it's really a wonderful dive.
Starfish Enterprise out of Lantana is also excellent. Dove with them last weekend and had a total blast. Good operation, good crew and relaxed atmosphere.
Basically, everyone is at least good, if they weren't, they would be out of business real quick as word tends to get around.
Best of luck!
Lee

Heya!! I'm just about an hour south of where you'll be staying and dive WPB very often.. Give me a pm, I'll dive with ya!

Cheers,
Vickie

I could be talked into diving on one of those days.....

woot woot...... Sounds like another Conch dive in the making!!!! What day works best for everyone? If we do it during the week, Wednesday the 29th could possibly be a three tanker with Diving Solutions (of course I would need to confirm this with Doug providing there's enough intrest) and hit The Princess Ann (wreck dive) or something along that line.... I figured, maybe over the weekend we can hit Lauderdale by the Sea and do some shore diving. Any other input?

Self plus 2 new certs up for shore diving Jan 3-5. Baitedstorm.. you or scuba jenny care to educate us on weather/ shore dive conditions to be expected?

sure..... it will be cold :D

Cold of course being relative to a diver from North Dakota....brrr.
Cold being water temp most likely in the low 70's; same as highs for daytime weather. Water typically starts getting choppy by the end of December, but you never know.

The last week of December I can probably take a day or two off; just need time to coordinate at work. That first week of January I couldn't take off from work, however.

So, I'll join baitedstorm with a tentative 29th possibility....octo and zen, what do you think?

:cheering: yay!!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom