Suunto Favor Lux problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blitzpb

Registered
Reaction score
I have a Suunto Favor that I havent used since 2002! Now that I am getting ready to go diving again I am trying to make sure all my gear is working. I see the time display on my Suunto and I get the "reset" display when I touch the COM and plan on contacts but after this it goes right back to the time display. It doesnt display battery life or anything. Im thinking that my battery has died (this is the second time since I have owned it) but the manual says I should see a low battery indicator. Am I missing something else? Also, assuming it is the battery, can I replace it and are the batteries available at someplace like Radio Shack?

Thanks.

if theres a problem with your computer that you dont understand, it's an idea to bring it to a suunto dealer and get it checked out. They can change batteries etc, as the batteries for these kind of computers are not available trough the likes of Radio Shack or Best Buy.

Good luck!

SF

blitzpb:
I have a Suunto Favor that I havent used since 2002! Now that I am getting ready to go diving again I am trying to make sure all my gear is working. I see the time display on my Suunto and I get the "reset" display when I touch the COM and plan on contacts but after this it goes right back to the time display. It doesnt display battery life or anything. Im thinking that my battery has died (this is the second time since I have owned it) but the manual says I should see a low battery indicator. Am I missing something else? Also, assuming it is the battery, can I replace it and are the batteries available at someplace like Radio Shack?

Thanks.

Yes, your battery is low ... so low that the computer isn't displaying as it should. I used to own a Favor and the same thing happened after I replaced it with a fancier computer and didn't use it for a year or so.

The battery on the Favor isn't user-replaceable. You can replace it if you're handy working with such things ... but you won't find instructions in the manual, and doing doing so voids whatever warranty you might have on the unit. It's a spendy battery ... about $20. That's the big knock on this computer ... other than the fact that it knows nothing about Nitrox. Otherwise, it's a nice computer.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

edit: Just an update here. I called Sport Chalet and they had the battery kit in stock. It was 25.00 for the battery kit which includes a replacement o-ring.end edit

Suunto actually sent me a "howto guide" for replacing the battery, including part numbers for the battery and O-ring. I am going to try and see if my LDS has these parts otherwise Ill have to rent a rig for this weekend, which I really dont want to do.

I bought the computer originally because I wanted a computer but didnt have the wad of cash to get a fancy one with all the options. I am going to start looking for a new computer shortly now I believe.

Thanks for the input.

Nick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom