Mango Inn Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nuttytoe

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I'm planning on a dive trip to Utila dive center and staying at the Mango Inn. However, their web site did not show exactly what their rooms look like. Would anyone please help me out and tell me what the standard and deluxe rooms look like? What exactly is the difference?

Auto Search gave you some other threads of interest.

Look at the bottom of this page.

nuttytoe:
I'm planning on a dive trip to Utila dive center and staying at the Mango Inn. However, their web site did not show exactly what their rooms look like. Would anyone please help me out and tell me what the standard and deluxe rooms look like? What exactly is the difference?

The dive Op at UDC offers discount rates somtimes at Mango with some of their programs. Rooms are basic to better. The pizza at the restaurant is the very best on the island. Mango Inn is located a nice walk up Monkey tail rd. from the water.

Regards,

nuttytoe:

How long are you planning on staying on the island?

I thought about staying there and looked at one of their high end rooms, although I was diving at BICD. It was clean, had cable (tiny TV) and AC. It wasn't terribly luxurious by any means. I actually found much better deals elsewhere in terms of what I got for the price, but then I was planning on staying for a couple of months. For a couple of nights, I'd consider staying at the Mango. Sorry I have no idea what their basic rooms are. I think they also have bunk rooms for cheap stays.

The Jade Seahorse is one of the coolest bars (and also one of the quietest at times) down the street and it also puts you close to the Bar in the Bush. And the pizza there is tops! Oh, and they have pretty good lemonade and ice tea.

Mango Inn is basic+ to much better, with prices ranging accordingly. The rooms offered with courses/packages at UDC are ground-floor dorm style (mine was with two travel companions) with shared bathroom, and were perfectly adequate for backpackers. These go for I think $8/night normally. Upstairs there are much more cozy ones for $75/night for a double.

There is also a decent swimming pool, and as others have noted, a restaurant with truly delicious pizza. Just a few paces down the road toward the main drag is the Treetanic Bar - one of the most unique bars I've ever seen.

Outside Mango Inn: http://www.pbase.com/felixissimo/image/34930754
Treetanic photo: http://www.pbase.com/felixissimo/image/35414307

Booked the $30 night room. Walked in and went back to office to see what else they had. My luck they had a $75 a night room upstairs above the new class room I took it on the spot! Could sit on balconey at night and watch the folks eating at restaurant. UDC no prob finding a dive buddy or diving alone you will see! Good prices great pizza at the Mango but you got to spend the $$ if you want the nicer rooms. The cheaper are cool but I could afford the other and I was on Vacation so I like a little comfort and more room.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom