Northern Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GDI

Artificer of Havoc & Kaos
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Would any of you brave hearted Floridian Divers be interested in making a trip to the Great Lakes this coming year, Let us say about the August time frame?

What type of diving? Driving or Flying? I have family in Ohio, so...

Definitely need a drysuit between now and then...

Well , being an ex Minnesotan , I would love it....
Only lake I have done is Superior...Not Michigan yet...
Great wrecks on both of those lakes...
The hot thing now it go to Isle Royale on Superior...The local trips up there fill up almost a year in advance...

Lets see , August on Superior...Water temp maybe around 50 at the surface and 40-43 at depth...I have heard that Michigan gets warmer than this...(into the 60's...)

Jean

Of course Rick, just after you give me a hand on this drysuit thing next week. Only thing is we cant stray into Canuck water or land as i still probably wont have my visa at that time, but anything from the Yank side is kosher with me :wink: I would even try my hand at ice diving sometime if the chance was there.

Is this limited strictly to people from FL? I'd love to do some wreck dives in the Lakes. Of course, I'd need to get my cert first. :D I already have my Advanced Nitrox and Deco planned out for the spring.

Quarrior:
Is this limited strictly to people from FL? I'd love to do some wreck dives in the Lakes. Of course, I'd need to get my cert first. :D I already have my Advanced Nitrox and Deco planned out for the spring.
We you dont have to fly quite as far, nor is the weather as much of a change for you :wink: Big shift for some of us, others already have a little extra insulation - Ben for instance wont need a hood with all that hair of his, i wont need as much artificial insulation as i have some natural to compensate :wink:

hahaha, jealousy is a terrible thing, but keep taking your shots limey and I'll kick ya off the boat into Canada and getcha deported back home!

OneBrightGator:
hahaha, jealousy is a terrible thing, but keep taking your shots limey and I'll kick ya off the boat into Canada and getcha deported back home!
Havent you heard Canada's Dry? :wink: We wouldnt float into their water.

simbrooks:
We you dont have to fly quite as far, nor is the weather as much of a change for you :wink: Big shift for some of us, others already have a little extra insulation - Ben for instance wont need a hood with all that hair of his, i wont need as much artificial insulation as i have some natural to compensate :wink:
I don't know. Looking at Ben's picture, that hairline seems to be working it's way back, at least on the sides. Won't be long before he catches up with the rest of us. :eyebrow:

Quarrior:
I don't know. Looking at Ben's picture, that hairline seems to be working it's way back, at least on the sides. Won't be long before he catches up with the rest of us. :eyebrow:
Its changed "a little" since that photo, down by his shoulders now.

IF you can tuck it under the flap (for hoods) that goes over the neck seal then it is obviously too long :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom