Cheapest Place/Time to fly to Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

murrr77

Contributor
Reaction score
I won a trip to Anthony's Key Resort, it is good for a year. Airfare is not included, any suggestions on the best and/or cheapest time to get a flight to Roatan? I have free domestic tickets, so I can fly from any location in the USA.

murrr77:
I won a trip to Anthony's Key Resort, it is good for a year. Airfare is not included, any suggestions on the best and/or cheapest time to get a flight to Roatan? I have free domestic tickets, so I can fly from any location in the USA.
Congratulations! Not sure about time of year - probably cheaper during hurricane season, but I don't know. I doubt that it varies enough around the year to matter. When do you want to go? Saturday, maybe?

Keep the domestic ticket for another trip, though. You can probably originate there for only $100 more than in Houston, and the free ticket is worth more than than.

Unless - you want to do a combo trip: Fly to Miami for a few days, then originate there. You can originate Miami via Houston cheaper than you can originate Houston.

BTW, www.Sidestep.com seems to be the best search engine. Check it out!

And have a nice trip... :D

murrr77:

Good for you! There is no cheapest time, per se. Know that TACA and Continental fly you from IAH Houston, and TACA will also fly on Saturdays from MIA Miami... al direct and nonstop to RTB Roatan. TACA does some other link up hopscotchers on other days and from other US gateways.

The most expensive time will be any holiday or whenever they feel like it. There is no real competition (ie: price battle) to RTB

Ask the guys that market AKR or Roatan Charter 800 282-8932

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom