Salvo HID light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MonkSeal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I saw one review of Salvo 21W HID light. Any thoughts ? Any additional data (focusable beam ?) that is not specified at his web site ?

Also, any reviews and recommendation of other HID lights are wellcomed (10W, 18W, 21W, Halcyon, Terkel, DiveRite).

TIA

MonkSeal:
I saw one review of Salvo 21W HID light. Any thoughts ? Any additional data (focusable beam ?) that is not specified at his web site ?

Also, any reviews and recommendation of other HID lights are wellcomed (10W, 18W, 21W, Halcyon, Terkel, DiveRite).

TIA

Your Kidding me ?

Kidding about what? Salvo lights? or a 21w HID? Both are true. I would definately recommend anything from Barry...he developed the Halcyon lights and is an independent. Plus, the reviews of his lights are great

Well, that's certainly helpful Nova. :06:

Monk - what Novadiver may or may not be referring to is that Barry (the owner of Salvo Diving) spent some time in custody and (I believe) was charged with posession of stolen goods, including many thousands of dollars of Halcyon stuff. Of course, none of this has been proven in a court of law yet, but the concern is that you may (and I repeat, MAY) recieve what are in fact stolen goods if you order from Salvo. That's assuming they're still filling orders.

As to other HID reviews, the subject comes up quite often. The search function will most likely reveal anything specific you're looking for.

Boogie711:
Well, that's certainly helpful Nova. :06:

Monk - what Novadiver may or may not be referring to is that Barry (the owner of Salvo Diving) spent some time in custody and (I believe) was charged with posession of stolen goods, including many thousands of dollars of Halcyon stuff. Of course, none of this has been proven in a court of law yet, but the concern is that you may (and I repeat, MAY) recieve what are in fact stolen goods if you order from Salvo. That's assuming they're still filling orders.

As to other HID reviews, the subject comes up quite often. The search function will most likely reveal anything specific you're looking for.
So In other words...the Salvo Light and the Halcyon light might just be 100% the same :D

oh for god's sake. Barrry's premises have been thoroughly raided by halcyon and police and anything looking vaguely like a halycon product confiscated/ The 21 watt is a brand new product and halcyon doesnt even make one. SO worries abvout recieving stolen goods are probably overstated/

the 21w att is a real kick *** bulb almost indestructable though a little less effiecnt and replacemnt bulbs are much cheaper. I think it is gong to give Welchallen a run for their money Dive right is using it too.

Boogie711:
you may (and I repeat, MAY) recieve what are in fact stolen goods if you order from Salvo.

I would think that, at this point, if there were any possibility that the goods were stolen he would be legally restricted from selling them pending the outcome of the trial.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Ditto on laying off the guy - obviously he can't post anything on a public forum in his defence because of the charges laid, but one version of the story I heard is that the "stolen goods" was stuff he was owed money for. Legal to walk out the door with? Probably not. But for goodness sake wait until there's a bloody trial before trashing him further. Enough has been said on the subject. Think before you post - if he's found to be in the clear, I would hate to have my name associated with what would amount to slander available on the web for anyone to read.

I agree with you Ben, but don't know if I'd feel comfortable with buying something from him over another brand at this point.

Scubaroo:
Ditto on laying off the guy - obviously he can't post anything on a public forum in his defence because of the charges laid, but one version of the story I heard is that the "stolen goods" was stuff he was owed money for. Legal to walk out the door with? Probably not. But for goodness sake wait until there's a bloody trial before trashing him further. Enough has been said on the subject. Think before you post - if he's found to be in the clear, I would hate to have my name associated with what would amount to slander available on the web for anyone to read.

No slander here. When all of this is cleared up, salvo will have my business.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom