Cilantro Lime Pork Tenderloin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I got most of this recipe from another board. I modified it to add the gravy.

When I made it I cut back on the butter and it worked just fine. I ended up using a 1/4 stick per side instead of a 1/2. I used feral hog backstrap.

You'll need:

1 Pork Tenderloin or Backstrap
Kosher Salt (or Sea Salt)
Fresh Cilantro
Fresh Limes
Minced Garlic
1 stick Butter
Cracked Black Pepper
2 TBS Corn Starch

Start by brining the pork loin for at least 12 hours. Brining is a simple chemical process that will "force feed" more moisture into the meat and increase the weight of the pork by 15% or more, resulting in a juicier roast. The basic formula for brine is 1 cup Kosher (or Sea) Salt per gallon of water. For this roast, I needed only ½ cup salt and ½ gallon water, just enough to cover the loin. Bring salt and a portion of the water to a boil until salt is totally dissolved. Remove from heat and add remaining COLD water. The brine must be totally cooled before adding the meat, you don't want hot brine "cooking" the meat. Place the loin in a container, pour brine solution over the meat, cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.

Remove the loin from the solution and pat dry. Discard brine solution, it cannot be reused.
Finely chop the cilantro leaves.

Squeeze ½ of a lime over the top of the loin, and sprinkle with cracked black pepper and the fresh cilantro.

Line a roasting pan (or crockware) with aluminum foil. Line the bottom of the foil/pan with ½ stick of butter (sliced) and approximately 1 tablespoon minced garlic.

Place the loin into the pan on top of the garlic and butter with the "cilantroed" side down

Squeeze the other ½ lime on the loin, and sprinkle with cracked black pepper and fresh cilantro. Sprinkle another tablespoon of minced garlic on top of the loin.
Slice the remaining ½ stick of butter and arrange on top of loin.
Wrap the foil tightly around the loin.

Bake at 350° for 1½ to 2 hours.

Pour the drippings into a pan. Mix 2 TBS Corn Starch with ¼ C cold water and add to the drippings. Heat and stir until thick.

TwoBit

sounds great

Too bad I don't have one in the freezer or I'd cook it up right now. But I will be cooking up everything else I can, as the fridge-freezer just quit working. Wish that repair man would get here. I don't want to go to the store for ice. But on the other hand, I don't like warm beer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom