Lake Worth diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jesstotheocean

Contributor
Reaction score
I might be making a trip down the Lake Worth area for a couple of days and I was wondering where would be the best spot to dive? Any off shore diving? Any info would be helpful, thanks.

There has been a LOT of threads on diving in that area recently.

You are not ALL that far from Largo, if you want to diver there. There is good diving from Vero (and likely N of there) to Miami, so you have a LOT of options.

A better question might be to get an idea of local conditions once you decide WHERE, and WHEN you are going to dive....

Ron

jesstotheocean:
I'm sorry I'll be going down to Lakeworth, FL. Same questions apply, thanks.

jesstotheocean:
I might be making a trip down the Clearwater for a couple of days and I was wondering where would be the best spot to dive? Any off shore diving? Any info would be helpful, thanks.

There are no shore dives in Clearwater OR Largo.
Check ot reetours for a boat dive.

Jess, when are you thinking of being in the Lake Worth area? I took the liberty of changing the thread title and opening text from Clearwater to Lake Worth to suit your revised question. There is plenty of diving in that area, a little north and even more further south! You can go off a boat up in that area or there are a range of shallow shore diving entry points around Ft Lauderdale (just a little south). IF you are around next saturday PM (12/18) you might consider our trip out to the Tenneco Towers (its deeper to 115ft) for my b'day celebration, otherwise there are occasionally others going out - talk with Baitedstorm as she seems to go out midweek fairly often.

simbrooks:
Jess, when are you thinking of being in the Lake Worth area? I took the liberty of changing the thread title and opening text from Clearwater to Lake Worth to suit your revised question. There is plenty of diving in that area, a little north and even more further south! You can go off a boat up in that area or there are a range of shallow shore diving entry points around Ft Lauderdale (just a little south). IF you are around next saturday PM (12/18) you might consider our trip out to the Tenneco Towers (its deeper to 115ft) for my b'day celebration, otherwise there are occasionally others going out - talk with Baitedstorm as she seems to go out midweek fairly often.

The two operators I use most out of the Lake Worth inlet are Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures and Pura Vida Divers. The best shore dive in that area in the past has been the Blue Heron Blvd Bridge. Unfortunately, it has been closed due to sunken sailboats, debris, and poor water quality since the rash of hurricanes this fall. I dove the bridge Monday (see my report on my website www.debersole.com) and it's still a mess. For shore diving I'd head south to Lauderdale-by-the-Sea. I'll be diving with some rebreather students Dec 18-19 at Abernethy's. Love to see you there!

Debersole, your pictures gave me chills! Are all of your pictures from the Lake Worth area? Also I will be in the area next year maybe June.

jesstotheocean:
Debersole, your pictures gave me chills! Are all of your pictures from the Lake Worth area? Also I will be in the area next year maybe June.

The photos are from all over but the ones under "West Palm Beach" are all from diving around that area. I've been all over the world and for marine life that area is truly "world class"!!!

Doug

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom