Weekend shore dive conditions in FLL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeJacobs

Reaction score
12-11 Weekend: Looks good with a slight south breeze on Friday evening, which means optimal wind-conditions for Saturday and Sunday. The weatherman says a cold front is coming in but AM dives should be perfect for this time of year. I'd expect wind to pickup in the afternoon But it will be offshore.

I kicked out past the mooring bouys this afternoon. Visibility was greater than 40' with a slight north current. Water is not yet "chilly" but I see a lot of wet suits on the dive boats. I wouldn't haul a camera myself, but it's borderline.

Have fun! The pool is open!

I wish you wouldn't post about good conditions on the weekends I am on call! Boo hoo!

Saturday was terrific... tremendous off of Lauderdale by the Sea but in spite of a relatively gentle west wind we had some deep swells on Sunday and things clouded up. This morning, Monday, the water looked like a lake and I hope it'll be as nice when I return from work this afternoon!

Yes, the "cold front" has moved in and it's a chlly 60 degrees above the water but the sunshine in clear skies really bakes ya.

This week should be more of the same nice conditions although the wind direction is swinging around toward the north so the sooner-the-better. My hope is that the wind will swing all the way around to the southwest by Friday so that shore-dive conditions on meet-n-greet day (the 17th) and boat parade day (the 18th) will be calm and clear.

No predictions yet, tho...

BUT if you're seeking shore-diving opportunities on Saturday be advised that the coast from FLL up almost to Atlantic in Pompano Beach will be crammed with folks for the boat parade. If you don't live in the area it might be a good day to do Hollywood or WPB... the northern Pompano boat operators should be unaffected, but don't come down Atlantic - approach from the north.

It doesn't look good for this weekend... no bad wind but lots of white caps and rollers on the shore.

Yes, I'm recycling an old thread!

Sheesh Mike, recycling an old thread, does this mean you will dive with us (8AM) at Hibiscus tomorrow??

... and this means ripples only on the shore. Oh, man I wish I could go this afternoon. It's supposed to remain nice all day. Maybe it will hold through at least Thursday & I'll be able to get wet! THIS is diveyak weather (finaly)...

MikeJacobs:
... and this means ripples only on the shore. Oh, man I wish I could go this afternoon. It's supposed to remain nice all day. Maybe it will hold through at least Thursday & I'll be able to get wet! THIS is diveyak weather (finaly)...

Mike give me a call if you go out and maybe I can meet up with you after I finish working cleaning boats near you on thurs or Fri

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom