2 places to eat in High Springs - Home and Floyds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jviehe

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Saturday, Dec 11, the Tallahassee Scuba Club and I headed out to dive Ginnie Springs, our backup plan, since Troy was still flooded. Along they way I stopped by Troy and Little River, and confirmed it was still flooded. Water at Tory is still about 2 or 3 ft above the platform and brown, and Little River is similar, but diveable, though low viz.

Arriving at Ginnie, the sky was nice and sunny, but 50F and a bit windy, which would make for a cold diving day. After signing in we headed down to the Ginnie Head Spring. Diving with the Club today were 3 OW divers, 2 cavern divers, and myself, an Intro Level Cave diver. I had my new doubles which Im still getting used to, so I thought Id hang around the head spring with the club and show them the cavern there. At the spring, there were very few people there, and it looked like a couple of cavern classes were happening. We suited up, headed in and broke into 3 teams with a cavern and ow person on each team. We explored the basin a bit, then headed into the cavern, and the OW divers enjoyed it quite a lot. Maybe we'll have some more cave divers in our future.

After the dive, we froze our butts off degearing, then headed over to the warm shower to get our frozen wetsuits off. We had all brought a side dish for lunch, so chowed down on a 1.5hr SI, then headed over to the Devils Springs. We set up gear, jumped back into the warm showers to put the wetsuits back on, then hopped in the spring. This time, the 3 cavern divers would head into the Devils Ear first to check that out, then head back to the Eye and meet up with the OW divers. Unfortunately one of the cavern divers lights wasnt working, so she had to abort, but the other cavern diver and myself made it in and he was quite impressed with the size of the Devils Ear cave. After the dive, and one more trip to the warm showers to desuit, we packed up and headed for Floyds Diner, truly the only other place to eat in High Springs, but well worth the wait.

YES Floyd'S is great for breakfast and dinner....good food and the severs are fun!
Whenever I drive down to Florida I always pull in and have a visit...and then head over to Extreme Exposure...

knives:
YES Floyd'S is great for breakfast and dinner....good food and the severs are fun!
Whenever I drive down to Florida I always pull in and have a visit...and then head over to Extreme Exposure...
See, now you ruined it by mentioning Extreme Evil. Cave Excursions is the place to be! :)

Sounds like you guys had a good time, it was definately chilly this weekend! I'm glad I'm not the only one to brave out the conditions for a dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom