shore dives in hutchinson island/jensen beach area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubbles

Reaction score
hey everyone,
im visiting my family down in florida they live on hutchinson island its like 5 minutes from downtown stuart. im plan on doing some diving shore, boat whatever. i dont really want to travel that far, and i think doing shore dives on like bathtub beach should be pretty cool this time of year right? well i dont know thats why im asking you guys. thanks so much, and input would be awesome!!

Shore diving in this area is not what I' d list as spectacular. 15' viso is good for this time of year. Jupiter has some awesome diving as for reef diving I like it etter than West palm beach. The fact that the spots are deeper than WPB do make it more favored as a nitrox dive though it can be done on air jsut not as long (captian obvious statment there).

Jupiter is a short hop to the south and many members of the board go there to dive. If you have a way to watch the post when you get here it should be easy for you to find a buddy for the dives.

Welcome to the board and I post a early welcome to Florida!

ditto on what Eric said.... Let us know if you need a buddy, there's a bunch of us here!

Cheers,
Vickie

baitedstorm:
ditto on what Eric said.... Let us know if you need a buddy, there's a bunch of us here!

Cheers,
Vickie

hey
im up for anything. im on leave from the navy so i am shooting down to florida for the holiday to visit parents. ill be down like the dec 24-jan 1. whats the water temp like? im coming from the south pacific (guam, palau, yap, rota) and we would just skin dive we didnt wear suits or anything. ill be going back after the holiday, love it ha ha. i actually am buying all of my gear tommorow from scuba toys so id like to test it out. buying gear in the middle of the pacific is the wrong idea, things are insanely expensive. thanks guys.

I am working 24th eve and sleeping 25th. There is a trip in WPB that I might want to make on the 26th (Sunday) it is mostly a student dive. Not near as COOL as the South freakin Pacific!

The water is cold-- well for some of us. low 70's.

I've been diving 3mm FJ / 3mm Shorty and am about to get a hood (one that fits this time.)

This early on I can not plan a trip that far in advance for certain without burning a vacation day.

Orlando Eric:
I am working 24th eve and sleeping 25th. There is a trip in WPB that I might want to make on the 26th (Sunday) it is mostly a student dive. Not near as COOL as the South freakin Pacific!

The water is cold-- well for some of us. low 70's.

I've been diving 3mm FJ / 3mm Shorty and am about to get a hood (one that fits this time.)

This early on I can not plan a trip that far in advance for certain without burning a vacation day.

thanks for your response. im not a nitrox diver right now so would you recommend me diving out of west palm beach for the fact that they are shallower dives. plus i got all this new gear and i need to test it out a few times before getting use to it so i would like a sweet simple dive. a student dive spot would be sweet. just throw a bunch of info at me on where to go what to do. good dive boats anything. if you guys need any info about the south pacific let me know. thanks.

Bring me a Woman from Tahiti- Long black hair- tanned brown skin and the most important part only says two things in english.. "Yes" and "I'm Sorry, I will try better."

Seriously though the boat is http://divingsolutions.com/

Good boat and fresh cut pineapple at the SI. (warning the acid in pineapple is not reccomended if you are feeling queasy)

Orlando Eric:
Bring me a Woman from Tahiti- Long black hair- tanned brown skin and the most important part only says two things in english.. "Yes" and "I'm Sorry, I will try better."

Seriously though the boat is http://divingsolutions.com/

Good boat and fresh cut pineapple at the SI. (warning the acid in pineapple is not reccomended if you are feeling queasy)

hahaha ill send you one just let me know your mailing address. there is lots of them out here. i prefer the ones that speak no english at all. thanks anyway for the boat and im going to give tham a try a couple of times when i head to florida.

Orlando Eric:
:11:

scubbles:
hey
im up for anything. im on leave from the navy so i am shooting down to florida for the holiday to visit parents. ill be down like the dec 24-jan 1. whats the water temp like? im coming from the south pacific (guam, palau, yap, rota) and we would just skin dive we didnt wear suits or anything. ill be going back after the holiday, love it ha ha. i actually am buying all of my gear tommorow from scuba toys so id like to test it out. buying gear in the middle of the pacific is the wrong idea, things are insanely expensive. thanks guys.

Sounds good, My husband also took that week off. We have a bunch of SB'ers planning a three tank dive out of West Palm Beach on Diving Solutions for the 29th. The cost is $80 and includes lunch. Right now, it looks like we will have the entire boat. Ya interested?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom