Friends of Morrison Spring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jviehe

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
For us frequent Morrison divers, what do you think of setting up a Friends of Morrison Springs group? Before the state takes it over fully, I think this might be a good idea. We could hang out on the weekends and provide rescue assistance, keep it clean of trash, maybe collect some donations from divers to get picnic tables, a safety ring, stuff like that. I do not want to do any rule settings, checking ccards, or any stuff like that. I can probably get a bunch of people from my dive club. Maybe PCDC would be interested too.

SuprBugMan?
SeaYoda?

Definately - dunno about hanging out every weekend but 2 weekends a month could be very possible :) more at times.

I'm in.

Is the big white "Divers have died here" sign still on the tree at the water's edge? My ex and I painted and donated it 10 years or so ago.

I could probably get a couple people on my dive-email list to join as well.

IMAG0047.sized.jpg

If its one of those signs, its still there :)

SuPrBuGmAn:
I could probably get a couple people on my dive-email list to join as well.

IMAG0047.sized.jpg

If its one of those signs, its still there :)

Yep, those are the ones. Thanks. I haven't been there in probably 6 years now- I was curious.

I'd consider some sort of Friends group (I'm a fan of the Quakers), but I'll certainly take some TP to donate and neaten up if it's necessary whenever I go. Oh, and tow a flag. Hoping to get down there Saturday if ever my head clears enough.
The drive from here is 2.5 hours, though, so a regular attendance would be difficult.

We'll be there Saturday at 8AM, if that'll give you any more encouragement to get up and out early :)

jviehe:
For us frequent Morrison divers, what do you think of setting up a Friends of Morrison Springs group? Before the state takes it over fully, I think this might be a good idea. We could hang out on the weekends and provide rescue assistance, keep it clean of trash, maybe collect some donations from divers to get picnic tables, a safety ring, stuff like that. I do not want to do any rule settings, checking ccards, or any stuff like that. I can probably get a bunch of people from my dive club. Maybe PCDC would be interested too.

SuprBugMan?
SeaYoda?
I'd be interested in looking into helping out. I did hear the guy that opens the gate say that the locals abused the picnic tables and that is why they don't have them any more. He also said that the county was running the place as cheaply as possible - not even enough money to replace the water heater.

I might just meet you guys over there saturday. Looks like flooding is going down, and someone lent me a drysuit to try out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom