Ultimate Getaway- Ft. Myers Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matts1w

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Jakarta, Indonesia & Canggu, Bali, Indonesia
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi all-

I drive by the Getaway Marina everyday as I live on FMB and have been considering trying the live aboard to the Tortugas. Anyone here every done it? It seems a bit expensive, but if it is worth it I would like to give it a try.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Can I get some details for you two on this live aboard. I assume it is out of FT. Meyers?? How much is there fee and how long are you aboard? I will be in FT Meyers in January with all my gear and looking for dive adventure!! THANKS!!

matts1w:
Hi all-

I drive by the Getaway Marina everyday as I live on FMB and have been considering trying the live aboard to the Tortugas. Anyone here every done it? It seems a bit expensive, but if it is worth it I would like to give it a try.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Its actually a good price for a live aboard. Remember, food, drink and diving your butt off is included, plus a bunk, TV and FUN.

Do the math for a hotel room, 4 - 2 tank dive charters, breakfast, lunch and dinner x 3 each, travel fuel, and see what you come up with.

I have been on the Ultimate Getaway about 5 times. Great diving, great fun and I think I did 18 dives the last time I was on board.

I was on the Ultimate Getaway about 1 1/2 year ago with my family for a photo trip. I thought they did an outstanding job and was a good value for the price. The captain tends to run photo trips (mainly inside the marine sanctuary where spearfishing is not allowed) and spearfishing trips (outside the sanctuary). You may want to make sure you know what type of trip he's running on a particular week.

The accomodations are not luxurious like the Aggressor or Peter Hughes boats but the cost is much less and it's very comfortable.

I would definitely recommend them to you.

I grew-up living a few houses up from the owners of that operation. Outstanding folks! The reports above and from others who have been out on the trip have told me that its one of the best experiences they've had. Based on that I would have no problem recommending the services of the Getaway to anyone!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom