Non-diving PC mostly free-bee's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla

~..facebook conch..~
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I'm cleaning my tech closet out --- anyone interested in computer (desktop/laptop) parts and such, if you are I'll bring the box of freebee's for you to peek through at the meet-n-greet this weekend. If you are after something specific, PM me and if I have it I'll let you know if I have it. I'm happy to give most of it away though - rather see it used.

I've got loads of network patch cables, some brand new mice, a set of new speakers, some keyboards, power cables, network cards, etc., that I'd be happy to pass along.

Some stuff I just can't give away because I've got $ flow investment in it (some quite $$). That stuff is mostly network backbone related though.. :D

This is in the Conchdivers main forum because its 90% free stuff and I'm not going to ship things all over. :D

Nope - all ps2 stuff there. 3 keyboards, 2 mice so far. About a dozen 100mhz NIC cards, video cards, 2 or 3 3.5" floppy drives, a tape back up w/20GB tape, power cables, 6' video and ps2 cable extenders, db9 extenders, old skool a/b/c/d switch, mother boards with processors... etc...

CBulla:
About a dozen 100mhz NIC cards, old skool a/b/c/d switch, mother boards with processors... etc...
I can't make the meet and greet, but I am interested in the NICs and the A/B/C/D switch, assuming that it is a switch to let one keyboard/mouse/monitor combo interface with multiple computers. We have space for another tower, but not all the other stuff. (OK, I can hide just a tower in a way my wife will accept! :D )

I MAY be in FT. Myers briefly, actually right on Christmas Day. If you don't have a problem with it, I could drop by and grab them then. My uncle lives there and we may attend a Christmas party. He lives out east just past I-75 off SR-80 headed toward Clewiston.

Let me know the possibilities. Obviously if you want to save Christmas for family activities, no problem.

Corey - the ABCD is an ole skool KVM manual switch box.. I even have some cables for it. lots of NIC cards to - how many do you want. I may even have a spare case and powers supply, momboard, etc, that can be all yours :D

I don't live far from that junction - we were just out there at manatee park this morning. Let me know if your headed over, I'll set aside a box for the .... Tech Adder!

I would like two network cards to link my two computers on to one cable modem, so both computers can get online at the same time. I'm also looking for a switchbox to hook up two computers to one printer. thanks.

Colin,

I definitely want the switchbox, and in some stuff to build one computer. Any more, and I risk being divorced! (OK, maybe 2. I bet I can hide the third one until it's already built! :D )

I will definitely plan on coming by if I am in Ft Myers. I just need to find out where my Mom's family party will be and talk to my wife about drive time. (It will mean a 10 hour driving day on the 25th or 26th. I love to travel in the car, but my wife doesn't like a long trip at all.)

Hope to see you soon.

I am in need of computers or computer parts.

I can build systems from old junk but I need some old junk to build from.

Just about anything pentium class or better of any speed with memory. I have a bunch of 30 pin memory but a shortage of 72 pin and 168 pin.

I am trying to put together a system for my SO who is trying to teach computer graphics online (Paint Shop Pro) with a very old 350 Mhz box.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom