Treasure coast condition - split from insider info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I just got into diving this summer and will try to get to Vero over Christmas. What are conditions like - temp and vis? Also, are there any currents to consider when diving vero or ft. pierce?

Thanks for the post.

Orlando Eric:
Pepper Park --- US 1 to North bridge Causeway. North on A1A to UDT Seal Museum. Park by the Bathrooms/Showers. Swim Out aprox 200 yards to the 5' ledges. To be seen: Stingrays, Barracuda, Spadefish, Jacks, Eels, Turtles, 1.2 Billion Blenny's and Urchins. 250 million sea cucumbers. Spanish Gold Coins. If you see a Mortar Round DO NOT TOUCH! These are left over from the Navy Seal training Era and will cause Horrific Burns! Take a good compass reading on it and call for the Sheriff's Office EOD. Those crazy fools LIKE to play with that stuff!

Urca del Lima --- Just north (1000') of the Pepper Park dive site. Marked by four floating bouys. To see: Wooden planking from the ship. Several cannons, a huge anchor and ballast stones. Some misc iron rigging mostly corroded way. This is a PROTECTED ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE taking anything from there is a Misdeameanor of the First Degree or a Felony of the Third degree (circumstances) that ballast stone is not worth it!

Boiler Wreck -- Vero Beach. Take CR 60 (Beachland Blvd) to the eastern end. Park by the Ocean Grill. Swim straight out from the north end of the ocean grill to the wreck. Many Tropicals and a big old rusty Boiler
marks the spot.

SECRET PLACES- - - I won't tell! You have to come with me when you get here! It will cost you a beer at the Ale house- - :eyebrow:

Welcome Gulfcoast diver, i split off your thread from the insider info thread to keep it purely about locations and directions in general for the site. With the new title maybe you can get more responses too :wink: Havent been over that way in a while, in fact never off the treasure coast, but i hear viz is usually shot. Try to get hold of deep six divers in Vero (i think), they have been helpful before about such requests. As for current conditions, i should imagine quite poor with the heavy waves coming in from the recent front, might settle down soon though!

simbrooks:
Welcome Gulfcoast diver, i split off your thread from the insider info thread to keep it purely about locations and directions in general for the site. With the new title maybe you can get more responses too :wink: Havent been over that way in a while, in fact never off the treasure coast, but i hear viz is usually shot. Try to get hold of deep six divers in Vero (i think), they have been helpful before about such requests. As for current conditions, i should imagine quite poor with the heavy waves coming in from the recent front, might settle down soon though!

I'm coming down to Port St. Lucie from Sacramento Ca, and have PM'd Orlando Eric for recommendations so if there are any others around that area, I'd appreciate hearing them. My wife and I are looking for some nice easy wrecks, reefs, etc. and particularly shore dives (to keep the costs down). Any recommendations would be appreciated.

When ya comming?

kramynot2000:
Hey, I didn't know about that "Insider Info" thread! That's a great idea!
It's a sticky so it doesnt get lost, not too many sign ups yet, as i get more versed on some sites i might post a few more. :wink:

baitedstorm:
When ya comming?

I'll be coming down from December 29th until the 3rd. I'd love to hook up with some local divers for a dive or two if anyone is around diving at that time.

kramynot2000:
I'll be coming down from December 29th until the 3rd. I'd love to hook up with some local divers for a dive or two if anyone is around diving at that time.
check THIS out.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom