X-Pert Zoom Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rpayne

Registered
Reaction score
I've been reading alot about fins lately since I'm getting ready to buy my first set. I don't want to get into the split vs non-split argument I seen that beat to death with very little to no progress. I been looking at getting a set of X-pert Zoom I saw on unrealfind.com. The question I have really is what is the real difference between the blue set of fins and the HBK set of fins. I know that HBK is more firm set of rubber but that is peoples opinion on what that difference could mean. Whats the benifits of one set over the other. Does anyone have both sets?

Thanks
Rob

Hi, Rob,

Not sure what's "HBK" but I do have the Tusa x-pert zoom. Before buying it, I compared it with the Scubapro twin jet. I found it to be lighter than the scubapro, and for me, more comfortable (the Scubapro was a bit too tight; I couldn't remove the fins without raising my feet for the boat man to pull the fins out). While my friend who also tried out the 2 pairs bought the twin jet. Reason being it was heavier and helped her during safety stops.

When I first started diving I bought the first pair of fins someone recommended and never really like it. After buying the Tusa X-pert Zoom, I realised what a bad fit that pair of fins was... if possible, you may want to try out the fins before buying them. What works for one person may not work for another.

Good luck,
:)

the_cat_keeper:
Hi, Rob,

Not sure what's "HBK" but I do have the Tusa x-pert zoom. Before buying it, I compared it with the Scubapro twin jet. I found it to be lighter than the scubapro, and for me, more comfortable (the Scubapro was a bit too tight; I couldn't remove the fins without raising my feet for the boat man to pull the fins out). While my friend who also tried out the 2 pairs bought the twin jet. Reason being it was heavier and helped her during safety stops.

When I first started diving I bought the first pair of fins someone recommended and never really like it. After buying the Tusa X-pert Zoom, I realised what a bad fit that pair of fins was... if possible, you may want to try out the fins before buying them. What works for one person may not work for another.

Good luck,
:)

HBK I believe means Hard Black. It's suppose to be a stiffer fin than another color say Blue or Red. Hope that clears things up

Rob

i dive both hard black and yellow fins, and i like them alot more than the Tusa blades that I also tried out. I say if you are going to go for a split fin get the xpert zoom or the Apollo BioFin

I never tried colors, I have black ones. If i use my jet fins for a while, my ankles hurt. They don't hurt with my black expert zooms. I think the stiffer the better (on a split fin) HEY, just my opinion!

chris hecker:
I never tried colors, I have black ones. If i use my jet fins for a while, my ankles hurt. They don't hurt with my black expert zooms. I think the stiffer the better (on a split fin) HEY, just my opinion!

Well after you opinion and reading a couple of reviews that what I went with. Already ordered them. They are suppose to be here Dec 24th along with my snorkle and boots and bag... It's going to be just like Santa brought them... Now I'm going to have to find some where to try them out... the bath tub's just not big enough... lol

rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom