Fastest Route Jax - Ginnie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mavjax

Reaction score
Hey Folks,here is the Friday afternoon skill tester. What is the fastest route from South Mandarin in Jacksonville to Ginnie.

In the past I have used 16 though Green Cove to Stark, then down towards Gainesville, then over to Blue Grotto or up to Ginnie. Just wondering if from the south end of Jax it would be any faster to go around I295 to I10 and down that way?

Instead of going through green cove, go through middleburg taking blanding. A few miles past cr 218, take a left at the smokers express (forgot name of road), that'll take you right to hwy-16. It should knock off 15 or 20 minutes from your trip. Also- going through blue grotto is definatly far outta your way. I think at gainesville turn right on that road by the airport. Try mapquesting it. But definatly take the blanding route.

Since I go the I-10 route all the time....
I have used SR121 from Macclenny down thru Worthington Springs and then use ct236 to shoot over to High Springs...
I tried I-10 to I-75 and then down to 236 but it took longer to go around Lake City...

But den , what do I know...I'm just learning the routes myself...
If anyone knows a faster way...

Jean

jeandiver:
Since I go the I-10 route all the time....
I have used SR121 from Macclenny down thru Worthington Springs and then use ct236 to shoot over to High Springs...
I tried I-10 to I-75 and then down to 236 but it took longer to go around Lake City...

But den , what do I know...I'm just learning the routes myself...
If anyone knows a faster way...

Jean

I took I10 to Lake City and then cutting over to 41. There are a few lights in Lake City but other than that it's only 1:45 from south Mandarin.

mavjax:
I took I10 to Lake City and then cutting over to 41. There are a few lights in Lake City but other than that it's only 1:45 from south Mandarin.

Awesome...I'll give that a try !!!

Jean

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom