Straps for Cressi Matrix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ppo2_diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Does anyone know where I can buy a slap strap for the Cressi Matrix mask? The mask doesn't fit a standard width strap. It's thinner.

Thanks for any help.

Duane

Have you considered buying a slap strap with velcro? You can trim the sides to the desired width and it stays put a lot better than the kind that comes with buckles.

cheers,

sharkdiver00:
Have you considered buying a slap strap with velcro? You can trim the sides to the desired width and it stays put a lot better than the kind that comes with buckles.

cheers,

Any idea where I can buy them online?

I can't find a place that has them online, I think my LDS sells them for $6 and I'd be glad to get you one and snail mail to you. Or will see if I can find the maufacturer's info and PM to you. Let me know via PM.

cheers,

Believe it or not. I found them at amazon.com. Looks like they get them from diversdirect.com

Cool, I have used them for the last 15 yrs or so.... work like a charm on any mask :D

LOL they even have them in a Grateful Dead tie dye pattern (I have two LOL) nobody steals them. :eyebrow:

There is absolutely no need to trim the velcro. Just stuff it through. I am using these straps on my Mares X-vision which is also narrower with no problems. I just recently put one on a friends cressi mask too. Velcro slap strap is the way to go. Most LDS carry them if you don't mind advertising.

I don't like the velcro ones... We use the clip version... I've got some velcro ones, but I find the clips are more dependable... And these will also work in that mask. We put them on for people all the time. They scrunch down a bit, but it doesn't cause any problems.

scubatoys:
I don't like the velcro ones... We use the clip version... I've got some velcro ones, but I find the clips are more dependable... And these will also work in that mask. We put them on for people all the time. They scrunch down a bit, but it doesn't cause any problems.

That's a pretty sweet system. Never actually seen it before. I bought the velcro and have never had a problem with it. What kind of dependability issues have you had with velcro ones? To be totally honest, if I was the slightest bit worried I'd just sew mine together permanently, cause if I need to replace, Id just cut it off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom