Just Received My Aeris Elite and......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GeorgeC

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Lanoka Harbor, New Jersey and Ft. Lauderdale, FL
# of dives
500 - 999
I recently purchased an Aeris Elite computer for my trip to Cozumel (approx 10 days ago). The computer, according to the manual, has two main displays (3 if you are diving nitrox) and one other screen displaying airtime remaining. The air time remaining screen pops up after holding the front button for 2 seconds and reverts back to one of the main screens after 3 seconds.

During my first dive the computer immediately showed the airtime remaining screen and not the main screen showing no deco time remaining. I tried to toggle the computer back to the main screen to no avail. This condition continued throughout the remainder of my 7 dives with one other snafu.

During the 6th dive the computer on the surface showed either a 20 or 21 (can’t remember) on the display with a dash after the number. I could not toggle the computer to go into surface mode showing the timer with pressure screen. The computer reverted back to semi normal operation after the 5 ft decent. If it did not revert I would have had no choice to abort the dive.

Has anyone had these issues? I will contact the company that I purchased the computer as well as Aeris.

Also, why is that wrist strap so darn long? While using a ¼” wetsuit I have another 5 inches or so of strap that sticks out of the strap keeper. It looks like the strap was designed to go around a 3” diameter pipe.

Strap is long so you can put it around a drysuit on a large guy.... I don't like them on my wrist, and use the Aeris Retractor for them instead. You can also substitute out standard dive watch bands on the unit.

As far as your problems with the computer.... Keep in mind, the computer default display is the most critical info... what are you going to run out of first... air time, or nitrogren time. If you are shallow, say 30, 40 ,50 feet, you probably have 60 - 200 minutes of allowable bottom time because of nitrogen loading... so who cares... instead it will show you remaining air time... since it is less than nitrogen time.

As far as your other problem... I'm a bit confused with what exactly was happening... "During the 6th dive the computer on the surface... " so was this during a dive, or not during a dive but during a surface interval?? Sounds like it might have just in time to fly mode if at the surface. You should be able to get out of that into planning mode though. - but if it was something different, where ever you got it should be able to test, or replace it. Did you buy it with a manufacturers warranty?? If that can be duplicated in a pressure pot, then not be able to access other menus, I'd say there might be a problem. Did you download the profile to see if anything looked wrong??

So really, I'm not sure if you were experiencing a problem with it, or are just not familiar with it...

Back
Top Bottom