Utila Weather? + 2nd ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chivas

Contributor
Reaction score
Heading for Utila on Jan 8 to dive for a week.
Does anyone know where I can get current weather reports?
Any "don't miss it" "ya got do it/see it" type things while in Utila?
Anything you did not take with you and wished you had?

Hi

Weather has been rainy but today is clear blue sky, if the weather is good enough try to get a dive on Black Hills and don't forget the DEET, best is, OFF deep outdoors the green can.

There are no specific websites for weather on Utila.

If there is anything specific you wish to know you are welcome to email me.

Some of our favorite sites were Iron Bound, Black Hills (Seamount), and Aquarium. Don't think you can get weather for Utila, try Roatan.

Chivas:
Heading for Utila on Jan 8 to dive for a week.
Does anyone know where I can get current weather reports?
Any "don't miss it" "ya got do it/see it" type things while in Utila?
Anything you did not take with you and wished you had?

Travel light...take deet, email Steve at Deep Blue divers for anything else...he's a stright shooter.

Regards,

Thanks to everyone for the followup. I'll give you a trip report when I get home. Enjoy the holidays.

There are no specific weather sites for Utila.

The nearest weather stations are on the nearby island of Roatan and on the mainland of Honduras at La Ceiba Airport, both are about 18 miles away. The weather at La Ceiba airport is completely different from that in Utila. The weather in Utila is very similar to that in Roatan but lags it by about 6-8 hours.

Check out www.aboututila.com/TouristInformation.htm#WeatherClimate
at www.AboutUtila.com for the latest weather and 7 day forecast.

AboutUtila:
The nearest weather stations are on the nearby island of Roatan about 18 miles away.

The weather in Utila is very similar to that in Roatan but lags it by about 6-8 hours.
QUOTE]

Since difficult (distasteful) weather comes at full force from the North, and since Roatan and Utila are just abouty the same latitude- I would imagine that this would be some very slowly moving front to take that kind of time.

Weather in the Bay Islands is, though, highly localized. Whe we travelled last week between Coxen Hole, past the airport and on to CoCoView (a 12 mile span), we ran thru locales of sunshine and heavy rain.

Very typical of the tropical rain forest. If it aint rainin', it will be soon, at least in these months!

Back
Top Bottom