Roatan in January - West End. Advice on accommodations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemertes

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Everyone!

Am a new subscriber to this board, and everyone seems so nice! Happy Holidays to everyone :)

My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Roatan Jan 14-23 2005 - actually, tickets are bought already. We are in the process of deciding where to stay. RoatanMan's report on rain in December is slightly scary, but in spite of that we are willing to take a chance. We would like to stay in non all-inclusive resorts that are more on the budget side, and West End seems to be the best options. i've researched through Roatanet and Caribbeancoast, but it's always nice to hear first hand experience from people who have been there. We are looking for private, quiet accommodations close to the beach but yet within walking distance to the amenities in West End. I am wondering if anybody has reports on the following:
- Seagrape Plantation Resort
- Half Moon Bay cabins
- Posada Arco Iris
- Lost Paradise Inn
- Casa Calico
- Mermaid Beach Cabins

As well, which dive ops in West End are big enough to bring us to the South Shore should our stay be hit with Northers?

Thanks all!!!

Nemertes from cold Montreal, Canada

'Life's a beach, and then you dive'

Back
Top Bottom