Talked to my wife, and......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gt2003

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My wife and I were driving home yesterday when I mentioned that I had difficulty working out at the house. My home gym is in the den (the kids room) and I can't work out without continual interruption. I don't enjoy it therefore I don't do it. So, mr addictive personality boy sits around reading scubaboard.com or realtree.com sipping on a coors light or 2 or 3 or more instead of working out. I told her it was almost like a depression I guess. She simply says "go back to the gym", you can't beat your genetics (dad died of massive heart attack at 35 yrs of age) and the last thing you need to do is sit around here and make it worse (oh, I'm 35 now also). She goes on to say, I will be glad to adjust my schedule around the house as long as I know what days that week you are planning on going to the gym. You see, I tend to try to do everything around the house then end up feeling guilty if I don't. She doesn't mind helping but she is able to sit down and relax in the evenings without constant stimulation (unlike my spastic self) so I usually cook, clean up and get the youngest in the bath most evenings. Well, thats easy enough. It has really motivated me to lose a few pounds before I start back. I actually work late the next 3 days and should be able to get up early enough that the kids will still be sleeping while I work out. I'm going to Elko Nevada with my wife and folks the week after so January 3rd I'll start back at the gym.

I missed weigh in this week secondary to work. I'll be sure to weigh in this week. I just love my wife. Nothing like having a supportive significant other. Good luck all. See ya Thursday, Greg

Back
Top Bottom