A question about water temperature in Key Largo and Fort Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaJW

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Heya, I am hoping that South Floridians or anyone could to answer these questions:

Me and my buddy are going to dive in Key Largo and Fort Lauderdale during the first week of March (March 1st - 3rd) and we were wondering what the water temperature usually is at that time?

Also, how deep is the thermocline - and how severe is the temperature drop? We only plan to dive up to 75 feet as our max depth...

the reason why we're asking is that we're trying to figure out what's the correct wetsuit to get... :06:

Thanks in advance!

March is a good time to go, before the threat of hurricanes which I guess are going to pound us again next season. For the latest dive conditions you can check the National Weather Service buoy reports at www.nws.fsu.edu/buoy/fl.html. But the water is usally clear as a bell and never below 70 degrees even in the dead of winter. Spring should be wonderful and warm. :dance:

As to the other part of your question

The thermocline is much deeper than recreational limits. So unless you're into deep technical diving, it's not an issue.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom