Fitness list members missing in action

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverG

Reached My 2nd Goal!
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What has happened to our fitness group. I just looked at the fitness list, and there were around 100 names on the list.

Only 8 people reported in for Tuesday and Thursday's weigh in. Where has everyone gone? I know I've been struggling with the weight since July, but I keep plugging away. It hasn't been easy since I've had rare positive news the past few months.

I suspect that there will be an uptick in the Weigh ins at the start of the year.

People don't give up. I'm still down an overall 30lbs since April. I'll probably have a negative report this week as I've been lazy about going to the gym. Also bad eating habits this week have resurfaced, but I'm not going to give up.

DiverG

I just trickled back in. I'm up about 8 #'s from my lowest but am finally getting it back together a little bit. I missed last Thursday but I'll be there this week. Cya then, Greg

I'm TRYING... sob sob sob..... I don't know which day I am supposed to report in... but I will try to be there this week.

AmyJ:
I'm TRYING... sob sob sob..... I don't know which day I am supposed to report in... but I will try to be there this week.
Choose a day. Unless you check your posts way back when you joined, then you might be able to find your original day.

Tom

Ok lost two pounds since my last post......cutting back on pasta's and breads

I was doing great..then I fell off ... I'm planning on the big Jan.1 to start over. Who's with me?

Natasha:
I was doing great..then I fell off ... I'm planning on the big Jan.1 to start over. Who's with me?

yeah, i need it.

been hoovering way too much lately... at least my regs breathe really well...

I have lost nine pounds since my first and only sign in 3 weeks ago. I guess my sign in days will be Tuesdays. I am going out of town for the holidays but I will try real hard to at least stay within clost range of dieting. I did real well this week at work with all those holiday activities. Families bringing trays of food, desserts, snacks, etc..to show their appreciation to staff. I am still learning self control. One taste of chocolate chip cookie and I am pigging out with the best of them, so for me it's all or nothing (at least for right now). Yes, SB I am a junk food addict.

You know, people- I'm sure most of us don't post if we DON'T LOSE. lol. I haven't lost in a couple of weeks, and haven't posted... but I just realized that during the holidays, the real victory is in not GAINING.

So, if you're really worried/frustrated that you haven't lost anything in a week (month?) or two, try to focus on maintaining at this time. Think how much better that will feel on Jan. 1- without the traditional EXTRA 10 lbs to to lose. For most of us, we didn't gain weight overnight, and we aint gonna lose it that way either. Consider it a huge victory if you get through Aunt Linda's pecan pie and Grandma's fudge while maintaining your current weight. Have a small taste of your favorite goodies. Think moderation. If you can do THAT, you should be very encouraged, come Jan. 1, and ready to finish the job.

Merry Christmas, all.
Foo

(trying to follow my own advice...)

Hi all, I have been busy for a while. In November, I was on holiday. After getting back to Saudi, I was very busy working on the air defense tech curriculum we were to start soon at school, and then the tsunami came along. My wife is Sri Lankan, and is there now with our two kids. Ironically, they had to leave Saudi last year because the company was worried about security concerns (the U.S. Consulate is a few km from our work), so I sent them to Sri lanka. At least they are safe, and the house also. The damage came a long way up the west coast of the country, stopping JUST short of Colombo proper. I will be there in two weeks to see the family and extent of damage. I've been online the past week, contacting old Peace Corps friends, friends from college...etc. to try and help raise money for disaster relief. If anyone has donated, thanks much. If not, there's plenty of time. As much, if not more, money will be needed long-term for rebuilding the affected countries. I'm surprised there's not a forum for this. For once, we all should stop thinking about what's the best liveaboard in Country-X and think about what we can do to help these people. If you think about it, the more we all help now, the better the situation on the ground will be in the future when we do go travelling again. There are lots of good organisations like CARE, UNICEF, that will make sure money is not squandered and that aid is given. I've contacts in Sri Lanka, with AID and local NGO's, if anyone is interested. Let's put the word out, whether it be in our local church parish, boy scout troop, local school, dive club...etc. Le'ts give something back to these countries that work to make our holidays the best they can be. Ideas....? Oh, and by the way, I'm at 90 kg now. Apart from last week, when I was sick, I've been back at the gym, doing 30-40 minutes of cardio exercise, and then the same of lifting weights. I don't care to have mega biceps, but want more definition and toning. Therefore, weight isn't going down so fast, due to muscle fiber buildup. Anyway, still much lighter than same time last year. Ciao for now, David. I can be reached at wsp_wip@yahoo.com

Back
Top Bottom