Venice Thursday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sylvester

Reaction score
Any body else game for a morning dive at Venice Beach, if the water and conditions permit. Speaking of does anybody know the recient conditions down there? Water temp vis etc Any locals able to provide an update for me on Wed night? Thanks

There's been no viz from the beach.
With the cold front that can through last night, maybe it will clear some for the weekend if the fronts will stay away.

I dived Venice Beach last Christmas day. It was cold, viz was zero, and the only place open to eat was Waffle House. I-75 was pretty empty though - the usual gang of idiots getting in my way took the day off - and there were no troopers working Alligator Alley.
I still can't beat the guy they clocked at 168mph one morning. The Miccosuckee's radared him from the overpass at the gas station but they couldn't catch him.

hummm maybe I should head to a spring. Or the East coast? Thanks for the info guys

Guys its Tues Night any update on Venice? Vis temp expected seems the springs are all a few hrs away so I may as well hit a place that wont charge me a huge admission fee although I am still kinda kicking paradise springs around.

Were headed to Paradise Springs at 0800 if any body else is going look for me there Ill be in the white Jeep.

Ended up at Paradise Springs, it took 2.5 hrs with the rain and traffic in my Jeep. I thought we were gonna have to call it due to lightning but it passes just before we arrived at the site. It was still raining hard and we were the only divers there this morning. We got in to the water and it turned out to be a great dive, good vis lots of new stuff to see and check out. Practiced a few drills and ended the 1st dive 55 min later on a single tank. Dive 2 the weather broke and the sunlight was able to penatrat into the cavern, a few other divers showed up and were in and out by the time out SI was over. It was also a nice dive 52min real slow and looking at the details of the fossils.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom