Mask Straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mccabejc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a strap cover for my mask strap, and it's okay, but it's a real pain to try and thread the mask strap into the cover. And after I've got it threaded thru, the strap doesn't lay flat in the cover.

I recall seeing a strap cover which opens up (velcro I assume), and you just lay the strap in the cover and close it up.

Is that the best way to go, or is it better just to buy a different kind of strap and retrofit?

mccabejc:
I have a strap cover for my mask strap, and it's okay, but it's a real pain to try and thread the mask strap into the cover. And after I've got it threaded thru, the strap doesn't lay flat in the cover.

I recall seeing a strap cover which opens up (velcro I assume), and you just lay the strap in the cover and close it up.

Is that the best way to go, or is it better just to buy a different kind of strap and retrofit?

World Watersports / Divers Direct in Florida sells the kind of mask strap you're talking about. One side is velcro so it just opens up, lay your current mask strap inside and close up the velcro again - works great. I have them on all my masks. They hold up really well too; and come in assorted colors - yellow, black, and blue. You should be able to find them at the following link - and order on-line.

www.diversdirect.com

I just ordered three straps for my sons and I, and I got them off ebay for about $7 each. Search for "manta strap". Instead of just a cover, it is a neoprene pad with the straps attached at the ends. Pretty slick.

Here's a link to the strap itself. I'm not sure if they have an auction going on ebay right now or not. If they don't, maybe you can just contact them directly.

Manta Strap

Jim, I ditched the thread-through type you have and replaced it with on that already has the straps attached to it...one piece. This works great and doesn't bunch up and twist. Dive N' Surf and I'm sure Sports Chalet sell them.

mccabejc:

What you're looking for is a "Q-Strap" ... has the stap built into the enclosure, which is more firm than the 'cover' type. The straps adjust in the back, which keeps them from flapping beside your face. Laguna Sea Sports sells them.

On my old mask I had one of the velcro sports chalet neoprene mask straps, I'd go for something like that... That remind me, I should change put that strap on my new mask

Back
Top Bottom