Are the new Cressi Rondines that bad?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

obsidian

New
Reaction score
I just picked up a pair of the new Cressi Rondines, a very attractive pair of fins that I found on sale for $70, then went online to read some nightmarish reviews referring to 'cramping' and the feeling of having 'boxes on your feet'. Are these fins really that bad? If I'm to spend about that much (or less) on fins, are there far superior alternatives? Note that I'm a new diver, but have strong legs and like to swim fast, though I obviously want to keep my SAC rate down as well (efficiency is important).

Any opinions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich

I've got a pair (one of my Space Frogs went brittle and cracked) - I think they rock. I've heard the cramping complaints before - pre-dive stretches take care of that.

It's BS, the people getting cramps must just be unfit. These fins a re very stiff, and gives you the most torque. Had the same crack thing happen to my Space Frogs, and they were awesome.

One of those pesonal favorite things. You couldn't give me a pair of split fins but others love them. If you are getting leg cramps then you need to work those muscles a bit more.

Hard to tell from your post if you're referring to the Rondines with the split fins statement, but just in case, they're a blade fin design.

Forgot to mention - yet to figure out how to attach a pair of spring straps to them. The old Space Frogs had the traditional "button post" sticking off the sides that you could hook an S hook over to attach a spring - the Rondines have a hole instead, and the "button post" is on the strap buckle. Weird.

Scubaroo:
Forgot to mention - yet to figure out how to attach a pair of spring straps to them. The old Space Frogs had the traditional "button post" sticking off the sides that you could hook an S hook over to attach a spring - the Rondines have a hole instead, and the "button post" is on the strap buckle. Weird.

Not a problem. Remove the quick release strap, then mount the spring straps into the receiver for the quick release clip. Mine have held up very well this way for many dozens of dives.

Really like the Rondines. I use them for most of the diving I do with single tank . . . prefer my SuperRockets for diving doubles.

theskull

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom