local diving around altamonte springs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ga Diver

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My stepson is attending the San Diego Golf Acadamy in Altamonte Springs for 18 months. I'm wondering if there are some local sites to dive other than Ginnie Springs. He would like to do some local close by things, and also when I visit, we could get wet.

About 45min South from Ginnie you'll find Devils Den and Blue Grotto. A bit North is Troy. There are several other springs in the area found in the Ned DeLoach book, but I don't know how many are easily accessible or worth diving. Not quite sure where Altamonte is from Ginnie either...

Ned Deloach's diving guide is great!We used it like a bible and found every dive in there.Theres Wekiva springs(spelling this wrong?) We found a spot there where you can find 1 to 2" sharks teeth.You'll know you found the spot when you smell sulfer. Blue Springs (Okala forest)is a 120' dive cavern with a 6' hole at the bottom pushing out millions of gallons to feed the river.Awsome dive,you can see sunlight to the top.Get that book!

Blue spring is definitely worth a dive. OW divers are limited to about 60 feet. I would only spend one tank there. Just up the road a little ways from there is Alexander spring, which is pretty cool for another tank. My advice would be to go there a couple hours before the park closes on a week day, so no one else is in the basin. There is an amazing amount of life in Alexander and the clarity is truly amazing... just have to be there when everyone else isn't!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom