hello

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sglake

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
hello all of you warm water divers ... I wanted to say thanks for all of the advice on idc training !! I will be down there for mine the 1st of feb .... Can't wait ! once i'm done I will be looking for a job in the mechanical trades and a place to live ( it's getting to hard to enjoy the diving experience when you have to cut a hole in the water before you can dive it !) Also I will be done with the classes the 3rd week of feb. and i would like to stay down for a week and do some diving , so any suggestions on any of the above and a dive partner for a few dives would be great ! Have fun , Scott

Um, Scott? It's a pretty big state....narrow it down a little? :wink:

HA HA ! You're right so i'll explain ....I'm going to be in orlando for training , alot of my family lives there , My brother and i own some land near Deland , and I'll be driving down so I'm up to check out driving , living and work anywhere south of there !!! I guess i'm doing what I always wanted too just a little later in life !!!

There are a "ton" of heavy equipment companies in Florida. Depending on the type of work you like to do you can go for a Dealer (Cat, John Deere, Komatsu, JCB, Case, etc) or a Rental Outfit Neff, United, Hertz, RSC, Sunbelt, Nations etc. I once worked in the industry and there is certianly not a shortage of companies and they are always looking for someone who knows what they are doing instead of.. "Well, I got my own tools."
Diving there is a plethora of LDS around in this state, although I guess at least half of them are going out of buiss tommorow because I bought a fin strap online.
Good luck on your venture! It is NEVER too late to start living your dream, I started a new career at 35 and am surrounded twenty somethings.. some of which I HAVE to call sir.

*double click*

Scott,
I'm sure there will be someone going diving the week you're looking for a buddy. Just post something, I'm sure someone will join you.
Good luck at IDC. I know I had fun at mine. Great experience.

Al

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom