New to FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gwyl

Reaction score
Hi. I have recently moved to Jacksonville from San Francisco. I am certified through AOW and have done most of my diving in chilly NorCal waters. I am looking forward to meeting folks in FL and diving throughout the state!!

Hi Gwyl,
Welcome to Florida. Looking forward to meeting you at one of the SB outings. Check out Trips and Happenings and see where people are going. Come join us!!!

Al

Heya and welcome aboard. I added some info in your intro thread for ya. Glad to have you aboard, lets dive!

Welcome to Florida.. well almost since you are in Jacksonville that is kinda almost Georgia.

Read the post and jump aboard any trip you find. I for one would love to hear tales about diving the Kelp forest in Cali - - that is a goal of mine to do someday. It is on the list AFTER my goals of starting in Bahamas and then a trips to the south all the way to Trinidad. That is going to be my vacations for the next twenty years.

Again Welcome to FLORIDA! Enjoy

PS- You can NEVER eat another California Orange again.. read the label of the juice in the super market and when you go out for breakfast you have to ask the waitress.. Is this FLORIDA orange juice? IF it is not you are within your state rights to throw it in her face.

*jk*

lowedaph:
Condolences on the move.
Hopefully the diving will make up for it!

LOL. I am stoked by the move to Jacksonville. I sold my house, bought twice the house for 1/3 the cost, am now 10 minutes from the beach, and live in a community with golf, tennis, swimming, workout facilities, etc. It is fantastic. From quality of life to cost of living, the move was a no brainer.

I LOVE San Francisco and California. However, for a variety of reasons, it is no longer as attractive as it has been in the past. Furthermore, there are serious economic and governmental problems that need to be addressed -- the cost of which will make the area that much more burdensome for folks to live in the area.

I am the pied piper of Jax now. I am encouraging all my CA friends to come out to the right coast ;-)

Welcome to Florida! You'll find there are limitless opportunites for diving (and for buddies) here in the Sunshine State. Personally, I dive a lot out of West Palm and the upper Keys. If you ever need a buddy, let me know. I'd love to have you come along!

Gwyl:
Hi. I have recently moved to Jacksonville from San Francisco. I am certified through AOW and have done most of my diving in chilly NorCal waters. I am looking forward to meeting folks in FL and diving throughout the state!!

Welcome to FL and to the Conch Diver crew, the most active dive club on the NET! I look forward to meeting you at one of our outings! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom