Valentines Weekend 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Outlaw14

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello.

May be in Miami for a business trip the week before and was considering a stay over on the weekend for some recreational diving. Any advice on potential conditions and water temps at this time of year and whether or not should dive off of Ft. Lauderdale or further north? Not sure that I want to drive an hour down to Key Largo. I was down in late November and dove off of Ft. Lauderdale one day and off of Pompano Beach the next. Wore the 3-5-3 suit and was comfortable at that time but guess water was still warmer then. Thanks for any suggestions.

Lauren

Oh and if this type question has previously been asked about diving in February in this area, please help me out by pointing me to the earlier thread. I would really appreciate it. I have also heard that during this time of year that the odds of getting blown out are 50-50, is this right? Thanks so much.

Outlaw14:
Oh and if this type question has previously been asked about diving in February in this area, please help me out by pointing me to the earlier thread. I would really appreciate it. I have also heard that during this time of year that the odds of getting blown out are 50-50, is this right? Thanks so much.
Yes it has, couldnt tell you when though or point you in the right direction. I dont know what the water temp should be off the shore there, i guess high-60's at worst. A 5/3 would probably be ok for that. Blown out is a hit or miss thing, depending on fronts, wind direction and luck. We will know nearer the time if there are opportunities, but its hard to say 6 weeks out what will happen and i havent heard of much shore diving recently either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom