Plans so far. . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingGal

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I'll get this started. After approaching LD for permission to start up the first Canuck Corner, and chatting with those who said yes, an organized group is a good idea, here's just some of the diving and non-diving ideas we started batting around.
  • wreck diving along the St Lawrence River - from Cornwall to Kingston
  • wreck diving in the Great Lakes, (I only know Lake Ontario - so I need help for the others)
  • wreck diving at Tobermory
  • diving local sites - from flooded villages to quarries to mysterious railway trestles
  • dive adventures requiring a bit more travel and time (ie on a long weekend)
  • social gatherings
  • training events (I know PADI, NAUI and SSI instructors)
  • support local community events
Nothing is concrete just yet, well one is, but it's going in another thread so we can keep track of it.

Actually, DG and I have been kicking around an idea for an event that's not our invention, but somewhat out of the ordinary. When we get further along, we'll put it out and see how much interest is there.

Butch 103 has been looking into a clean-up dive with me and that is progressing quite well.

Dang girl....ya'll have been busy! Wish I lived closer to Ontario.

Hey...I'll trade ya Lake Travis for one of your big old lakes. No wait, I just remembered things like drysuits, hood, gloves, etc. are needed......Never Mind!

:wink:

Originally posted by Dee
Dang girl....ya'll have been busy! Wish I lived closer to Ontario.

Hey...I'll trade ya Lake Travis for one of your big old lakes. No wait, I just remembered things like drysuits, hood, gloves, etc. are needed......Never Mind!

:wink:

We don't need that all the time you know.... and some of the folks here never wear a drysuit.

You'll just have to come up for a visit sometime. Give us a bit of warning, and it's party time!

DG

with regards to planned trips, just wondered if there was any plans or interest in Lake Erie. Dove there for the first time last Season with the Seaway divers and desperatly want to return, but the club isnt interested this season. If you know of any opportunities i would love to know

Cheers

Originally posted by indeco
DG

with regards to planned trips, just wondered if there was any plans or interest in Lake Erie. Dove there for the first time last Season with the Seaway divers and desperatly want to return, but the club isnt interested this season. If you know of any opportunities i would love to know
Cheers
I hope to be able to set diving adventures up all over the province. If you have more information of where and when you went, charters, cost etc, please sent them my way.

Ideas are welcome by all, more than likely it will be a core of us that will do the organization of activities, but we welcome suggestions and ideas by anyone.

thoughts and others, please all those on board help us....forward to us any ideas for logos, mascot etc............personally I would like to see the loon involved somewhere if possible, perhaps the Trillium...just some thoughts folks.........

Back
Top Bottom