I Wanna Find Some Shark Toofies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaveDiverJeff

Registered
Reaction score
I live in St. Pete and have been itching to find some shark teeth off of Venice Beach, but think there may be more to it than swimming off the beach and digging in the sand. Anyone care to meet me down there to show me how? I'll buy lunch. I don't mind cold water, waves, or bad vis and would rather dive during the week.

I'm not the expert on finding the shark teeth but I have dived off of Venice beach twice. I can dive on Fridays but the 7th I already have plans. If you want to try for the next Friday after that let me know.

Besides scuba and a flag, what elses do I need to buy or make to find the teeth. Too bad someone can't invent a tooth detector.

Take a small bag to keep the teeth that you do find.

A tooth detector would take all the fun out of it and it would eliminate the other cool fossils we find from time to time.

Picked these up Sunday.
Water temp was 58, vis about 5'

2th divr:
Picked these up Sunday.
Water temp was 58, vis about 5'

Where did you Start out from?? Over by the Venice pier?? or more north by the public beach? or did you take a boat out??

:dropmouth: Nice haul! Care to share some tips? :)

ReefGuy:
:dropmouth: Nice haul! Care to share some tips? :)
Yeh, see those on the right hand side of the photo - thats my usual haul, found nothing last time in really poor viz. Migth be thinking of hitting another trip down in the next month or so - got plans next two weekends, so beyond that - thank goodness for my drysuit, its gotta be cold by now :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom