Megadive O-5!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DEEPSEAWOLF

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
It's that time again to plan the next Ginnie Megadive! As Holly and I both have birthdays in May, we were looking at doing as we did before. We held a large combo birthday bash and dive-in. It worked very well as we had many non-divers camping with us and enjoying the grillout. I will probably be renting a pavillion again as we did before as well. If you would be interested in having your name added to the list, check out this link and sign up.

Updated details:

Sites reserved #30, 31, 47 & 48 - (to be reserved #46 and/or others?), these are by the large facilities/bathroom block in the middle of the main electric/water campsite area. We do NOT have a pavillion booked.
Attendee's, food and extras so far accounted for (taken from calendar list):
simbrooks - Chips, snacks, RUM TOTE and Eric's cooler, cups, beans
Orlando Eric - Brisket, horseshoes, bocci ball, Jamaican jerk chicken (?)
darcy
SuPrBuGmAn - still coming?
diver doh
adder70
H2Andy
Scuba_Dad
madeline & son
Ga Diver
jeandiver
willow12233
Brewone0to
down4fun
DEEPSEAWOLF, MANEATER & Lil'B- 3 5-day coolers, chicken, gas grill, cook
cardzard & ROXANNE - 200 plates, 5 rolls towels, breakfast/lunch "goodies", potato salad, hamburgers, hotdogs
Scuba_Jenny (& Hermit Crab) - S'mores, kids drinks, 1# bacon, 1 doz eggs, 2 pks hotdogs & buns for Friday night, brownies
jviehe (+10 from scuba club) - Assorted food items
baitedstorm, murphdivers286 & Jessie/Cheyane (sp?)
SmokeAire
TritonRLR
Scubafool, Dawn & Jon - "a little" firewood, kids wetsuit to fight over

(Approx headcount = 40)

Ideas to bring:
Ice, condiments, burgers, hotdogs, chicken, buns, sides (potato salad etc), wood

Sounds good, penciled in :wink:

Sounds Great.. hammered it into stone.

Barring riots, hurricanes, mass murders, terroist strikes or anything of that emergency nature.

I'm penciled in, will be chiseled in stone once I get the time off approved. The only regret I had about last years, was not spending as much time in the water as I wanted to, and missing that first drift dive where we discovered the rabid otters. <entering Crotchety old fart mode>

Alas, I was one of the many neglected bubble watchers. Ahh the poorer side of life. Now I recall the days of yore, before I had that nifty little card. Why, when I was a bubble watcher, we had to drift in an inner tube five miles, and swim back 10 more to get back home. We were wrinkled from head to foot, and surrounded by rabid drunk college students. So apparently nothing had changed.

<Now exiting crotchety old fart mode>

Yup <rubbing hands together> It's gonna be a fun time this time<evil grin> Ya know, it'd probably be pretty funny how a properly timed release of red food coloring could make a whole group of people think some horrid monster just gobbled up an unwary cavern diver....or how a whole mess of yellow food coloring makes people think you just pee'd....alot.

Oh it's funny how the sleep deprived mind works.

I had a great time last Halloween - I'm definately in.

Edit: Are we supposed to sign in at the calender? I couldn't find any options other than setting a reminder for the date - which I did...

if you go to the calendar, it should say at the bottom,... I am attending this event. If you click on it, you will be registered in the event. Just because you can't get into that list, don't worry about it. As many have seen before, just post on the thread that you'll be there and you're in. This all just gives me a head count for pricing negotiations, (written and signed) and food consumption. Then again, with Tao coming, I'll need to kill another cow. :) As for the caver thing,... gallon ziploc bag of lemonade mix, shortly followed by the gallon bag of red punch gatorade... first ya wet, then ya die! That would definitely shake someone up. :) Hmmm, need to get some fake body pieces. Take an arm... tie a strong fishng line through it. Fish for tubers! How would they react if an arm suddenly pops to the surface next to, or better,... INSIDE their inner tube with them? We have a costume/special effects/magic shop here that has all of that. Hmmmm..... Or a foam rubber head? Put a dive mask and snorkel on the head? Whad'ya think Tao? Watch the panic ensue?

Eh... Still don't see it, but I'll be there some way, some how...

SuPrBuGmAn:
Eh... Still don't see it, but I'll be there some way, some how...
Ok, get the crayons out....

Click on the link Ken put at the top, there is a list in there of names, DSW, then myself and Eric, maybe a few others will put their names down, directly below those names is an underlined thing saying "i am attending", or at least it should be there. To the top right there is an option asking for reminders and other pull down menus seem to be around the screen which might be what you are seeing and confusing with something to do with attending - but that is only conjecture.

Hmmm print-screen of page - no need for crayons - its simply not there, not for me:

Calender.sized.jpg

This is exactly the page I get when I click the link... Is it something with the SB skin I'm using? (Classic Theme - No Sidebar).

Edit: If you want to sign up, don't use Classic Theme, it won't work. SB Portal Theme seems to allow you to see the options... even without the crayolas :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom