What's happening in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mrs.Prages

Contributor
Reaction score
We are scheduled to be in Key Largo from the 13th - 17th and we were just wondering what the diving is like right now? I have been watching the Marine Forecasts pretty relentlessly, but I thought I would see if the locals could give me the low down.

Is anybody else planning on being in the water during this time?

I'll be in the area...Islamorada...on the 15th and 16th, hoping to dive with Ocean Quest Divers. What I hear from them is that the weather is fast to change. Wind blowing hard in the mornings, my drop off by afternoon and allow a dive....

I too have been watching the conditions there and hoping for a couple days of good diving.

I'm crossing all of the extremities I have for both of our trips than!

Mrs.Prages:
We are scheduled to be in Key Largo from the 13th - 17th and we were just wondering what the diving is like right now? I have been watching the Marine Forecasts pretty relentlessly, but I thought I would see if the locals could give me the low down.

Is anybody else planning on being in the water during this time?
This wind has gotta stop some time! A few divers are venturing out in 4-6' seas... many are returning green. The wind subsided a bit yesterday, and hopefully will come down another notch or two today. We have trips planned during the period of your visit, as do most local operators, and we're all praying for calm seas. Don't forget the Bonine, just in case our prayers go unanswered!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom