Key Largo Jan 15-16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stu_in_fl

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
newly land-locked in Cinci-freaking-natti
# of dives
A couple of us are heading to Key Largo for the weekend of 15th and 16th

Sat 15th (morning) - 3 tank dive with Divers City (diverscityusa.com)
Sunday 16th (morning) - 2 tank dive with Blue Water Divers (www.bluewaterdiver.net)

Looks like wrecks & reefs on both days (and weather permitting - Speigel Grove on the Sun)

...anyone want to join us ?

Stuart

Hay Stuart, This sounds like a good dive trip for this Wisconsin boy and it would be very interesting to see the Spiegel. I am in need of dive buddies, as I am going to drive down to the keys on Friday the 14th. Whats the deal? Any motel/ lodging reservations yet.??? Fill me inon details. Thanks.

Probably staying at the Marina Del Mar resort (haven't booked anything yet !) but will drive down early on Sat then stay Sat night - not sure of their availability. I'll check on expedia tomorrow.

I phoned Divers City - they had a couple of people on the boat already, and there are 2 or 3 (or 4) of us. They said at least one deep wreck, possibly 2, then one reef. The boat goes at about 9am and back in at around 2 or 3pm.

For Blue Water - we're the first ones on the boat - so weather permitting we can do the Speigel at least one of the dives. Probably a morning dive - not sure the time yet - I'll check with Brent next week.

If you're Nitrox certified, would be good to do it on the wrecks (if not, you could always take the class on either of these 2 days) - the extra bottom times on the wrecks is always gooooood. If youre not Nitrox don't worry, one of the others who is thinking about it also is not.

oh, just another point (just to be safe) - the wrecks are deep (100 ft range) and sometimes have some current, so can be reasonably advanced dives - so as long as youre happy with that itz fine. If you have any doubts/questions, call the operators directly and they can give the most accurate info.

- Stuart

I'm in. Already booked Hotel for Fri. thru Sun. Will be needing a buddy also. Trying to get Nitrox cert. before the trip.

Staying at Marina Del Mar resort -seems to be a little pricey for hotels in the area over this weekend - best price i found to be on expedia.com ($107 + taxes = 122 / night)

I'm jealous, I have to go to Texas and do some work.
Work just seems to keep interfering with my diving.

I plan on getting back down there Mid-Febuary.

Say Hi to Brent & Glen for me.

Enjoy & dive safe.

let me know when you're heading down there in Feb, and hopefully I'll be able to make it as well (may take a while to find some cheap accommodation though - now we're in high season !)

Hi Stu
I'd love to get back to the SG. Count me in.
thanks
kim

Hi Kim,
just tried to send you a PM and got the following :
"down4fun has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space" !

Anyhow, give the dive ops a call directly (Sat: Divers City if you can make it; Sun: Blue Water Divers - I guess Nitrox32 is the weapon of choice)

lets hope the weather is good - apparenly itz been a bit windy lately.

a couple of other people said they will also go for one or 2 of the days...hopefully all will be up for a deep wreck or 2.

...in Feb I want to try and do the Duane at Night - will let you know if I can manage to sort it out !

cheers,
S

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom