Am I smoking crack?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DCDivenut

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Either I am or I have a genius idea that I am about to give away on Scubaboard by asking this question.... :06:

Here is the situation... I love my new BP+W setup. Wouldn't trade it for the world and will never go back to a regular BC. I also love diving warm water and not wearing wetsuits, just a skin or something since I don't get cold easily but the webbing on bare skin/dive skin = chafing

Solutions -
Wear a wetsuit on every dive-> I could but that is not the point...
Pads on harness -> block the d-rings so NO!
Go with a DR/OMS comfort harness setup -> defeats the purpose of single webbing

So why not...
Have a padding setup that puts padding underneath the harness but does not cover the d-rings. Think of a piece of padding that has two bands along the top side that you slide the webbing through. Use some sort of elastic type material to provide grip and if that does not work to hold it use a pin/screw type connector to fasten it. This would allow you to adjust the position if you used it with different suits.

So.. am I smoking crack or do you think that this might have legs or even better yet that there is someone making something like this that I am not aware of? Short of finding someone who makes custom tack or whatever any ideas on tracking something like this down?

PS I know this may belong in the BC section but I thought that since all DIR divers dived a single webbing I might get a better response but feel free to move if needed!

You're on crack.. :)

Why not wear a T-shirt or something like that under the BC?

DCDivenut:
Either I am or I have a genius idea that I am about to give away on Scubaboard by asking this question.... :06:

Here is the situation... I love my new BP+W setup. Wouldn't trade it for the world and will never go back to a regular BC. I also love diving warm water and not wearing wetsuits, just a skin or something since I don't get cold easily but the webbing on bare skin/dive skin = chafing

Solutions -
Wear a wetsuit on every dive-> I could but that is not the point...
Pads on harness -> block the d-rings so NO!
Go with a DR/OMS comfort harness setup -> defeats the purpose of single webbing

So why not...
Have a padding setup that puts padding underneath the harness but does not cover the d-rings. Think of a piece of padding that has two bands along the top side that you slide the webbing through. Use some sort of elastic type material to provide grip and if that does not work to hold it use a pin/screw type connector to fasten it. This would allow you to adjust the position if you used it with different suits.

So.. am I smoking crack or do you think that this might have legs or even better yet that there is someone making something like this that I am not aware of? Short of finding someone who makes custom tack or whatever any ideas on tracking something like this down?

PS I know this may belong in the BC section but I thought that since all DIR divers dived a single webbing I might get a better response but feel free to move if needed!

to be serious. I think you're onto a good idea about the padding.

Dryglove:
I wouldnt know. I have never dove water warmer than 55deg, not exactly T-shirt weather. :D

That's funny... my harness webbing doesn't chaffe me. But then again, I dive a full-on drysuit. (Puget Sound = Cold = full exposure suit, like it or not...) It must be nice to dive in warm water all the time...

You could try a long or short sleve'd rash guard like the surfers use. But I suppose those are similar to a dive skin so...

I have seen shirt-style wet suits, but most had an attached hood. I guess you could cut it off.... :11ztongue

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom