Playa Miguel/Cocoview?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharonmb

New
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm planning on being in Roatan in February. Cocoview is booked and has offered to put me in one of the Playa Miguel beach houses down the beach from Cocoview. Has anyone done this? We usually rent a house like this and are familiar with the pros and cons, but aren't at all familiar with Roatan. We would still use the Cocoview dive package. Any feed back would be helpful.
thanks
sharon

The beach houses at CCV are great! They are on the same property as the resort and just a short walk or bicycle ride to the main clubhouse and dock area. You can choose to eat at the resort or the house can be stocked with food if you prefer to do your own cooking.....not me!

I think you'll be very pleased. The houses are close to the resort yet far enough away to provide some privacy. The only difference is you just have a bit further to walk.

Go for it!

I have never stayed in one but know a couple of folks that own them. Sigh wished one of them was me :wink:

Here is a website where you can peek at them http://www.roatan.com./catalog/honduras/hframeset.htm
on the left side of the page click on Playa Miguel Beach houses under Hotels and Lodging.

Dee:
a short walk or bicycle ride to the main clubhouse and dock area. You can choose to eat at the resort or the house can be stocked with food if you prefer to do your own cooking.....not me! I think you'll be very pleased. The houses are close to the resort yet far enough away to provide some privacy. The only difference is you just have a bit further to walk.Go for it!

I agree with MsDee, and would add that the walk or bicycle ride is on a hard, flat, sand road, not difficult or time consuming to traverse. I would certainly sign up for the meal program at the main dining area, but why not have Playa Miguel staff stock your house with some basics... coffee, snack stuff, etc. They will handle this for you.

That will give you the same amount of dive time as any other guest, cooking and washing dishes aint what I'm there for. Playa Miguel works just fine.

I think I got the last Cabanna the week I am going in Feb. I would def take one of the houses there you will not regret it. Never stayed in one but have seen them. And you are right there at the resort, and they have bikes you can use but the walk is not bad at all what week are you going I would like to ck out one of the houses?

domino22,

Feb 19 to 26. in #12. Your are welcome to come take a look if you're there at the same time.

sharon

sharonmb:
domino22,

Feb 19 to 26. in #12. Your are welcome to come take a look if you're there at the same time.

sharon
Thanks Sharon but I leave on the 19th.

Back
Top Bottom