Looking for Oceanic Data 100 Wrist Mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ghrousseau

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking for a wrist mount for a Oceanic Data 100 dive computer. I currently have it in a two guage boot console. I tried a universal mount made by sherwood, but you need a plastic space which I don't have. Also, that Sherwood wrist mount has a very high profile that I don't like. Any suggestions??

Thank you.

ghrousseau:
I am looking for a wrist mount for a Oceanic Data 100 dive computer. I currently have it in a two guage boot console. I tried a universal mount made by sherwood, but you need a plastic space which I don't have. Also, that Sherwood wrist mount has a very high profile that I don't like. Any suggestions??

Thank you.
Hi!

I might be able to help you out, assuming your Data 100 has standard "hockey-puck" dimensions (which it looks like it has, from the pictures I've found).

I bought an Oceanic Veo 100 last summer in a wrist mount, but moved it to a Sherwood console. I shouldn't need the wrist mount anymore, since I like it on the console. (No accounting for taste.) The computer module fits into it with no spacers.

I'd be happy to just send you the wrist mount, if you think it's what you'd need. My compliments... just PM me with your address.

Until re-reading your post, I was hoping you had the plastic console spacer that you'd be able to send me in return. :frown: I haven't been able to find the spacer either. What I did was cannibalize an old compass wrist mount; used a razor knife to cut it down so that it raises the computer in the console opening, and fills in around the circumference. Fits with no problem.

Oh, and I cut an opening in the side of the console to make sure water could get to the activation contacts -- this wrist mount already has the opening.

--Marek

I might be able to help you out, assuming your Data 100 has standard "hockey-puck" dimensions (which it looks like it has, from the pictures I've found).

I bought an Oceanic Veo 100 last summer in a wrist mount, but moved it to a Sherwood console. I shouldn't need the wrist mount anymore, since I like it on the console. (No accounting for taste.) The computer module fits into it with no spacers.

I'd be happy to just send you the wrist mount, if you think it's what you'd need. My compliments... just PM me with your address.

Until re-reading your post, I was hoping you had the plastic console spacer that you'd be able to send me in return. :frown: I haven't been able to find the spacer either. What I did was cannibalize an old compass wrist mount; used a razor knife to cut it down so that it raises the computer in the console opening, and fills in around the circumference. Fits with no problem.

Oh, and I cut an opening in the side of the console to make sure water could get to the activation contacts -- this wrist mount already has the opening.

--Marek[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the offer Marek, but the nice people at Oceanic have a wrist mount in stock for my computer and they gave me the part number. Bill at Scuba.com is ordering it for me today for $19.95. Great service from both companies.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom