Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DennisW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What can any one tell me about the Blue Heron Bridge. I was told it was now illegal to dive under bridges. The Office of Homeland Security evidently sees terrorists in every wet suit. Is this true, or hear say?

This is the only info I have ever been able to find regarding the Bridge (ie, Phil Foster Park): Phil Foster Park

Not much I know, but continues to confirm that the bridge is not re-open for diving after the hurricanes. Beyond that, as far as federal regulations, I've never heard more than verbal rumors...certainly no written text confirming such a law.

I dove under the Blue Heron Blvd bridge last month. See my trip report on my website for details and photos (www.debersole.com). There are still several "hazards" under the smaller span of the bridge (east) including a couple of sunken sailboats and a lot of debris. I'm sure it is still closed for safety reasons. Hopefully, it will reopen once everything has been cleared away. I have also heard rumors about Homeland Security or the Parks Department wanting to ban diving under the bridge, but I haven't seen anything in writing.

As of last month, it wasn't the dive site it was previously because of the hurricanes, but there was still a lot of life, especially macro, under there.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom