Anilao Dive Sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kulot

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

My husband and I just got certified and we'll be going to anilao this weekend. We had our check out dives there and we've already been to Bebot's, Koala, Cathedral and Twin rocks. What other dive sites are there that are good for novices.

Experienced really strong current in Cathedral (got pretty tired during that dive). Would like sites that wont really batter you with all the current just yet (I want to get more experience and confidence in the water before I try those). I'd also like sites that are ideal for UW photography.

Hope someone can help me out.

kulot:
Hello,

My husband and I just got certified and we'll be going to anilao this weekend. We had our check out dives there and we've already been to Bebot's, Koala, Cathedral and Twin rocks. What other dive sites are there that are good for novices.

Experienced really strong current in Cathedral (got pretty tired during that dive). Would like sites that wont really batter you with all the current just yet (I want to get more experience and confidence in the water before I try those). I'd also like sites that are ideal for UW photography.

Try getting a good bangkero that will follow you around on your "drift" dives. Just go with the flow! Let your equipment do the work for you, do not try and fight the current, you will lose every time. Actually, strong currents are my favorite diving conditions, the fish go wild and there is always plenty of action.

UW photography, Please do, we need MORE pictures form the Philippines! I have a bunch of photo equipment but not too many places to shoot. If I can be any help to anyone about UW photography, esp. the Philippines, Please ask.

And since you sound like you maybe new to scuba diving (everyone was at one point) rent your equipment! Do not buy until you know for sure that you even like scuba. Understand the dive tables and your limitations first.

Regards

kulot:
Hello,

hey! who'd you do your course with?

i would suggest that you coordinate with your instructor or go via an anilao dive resort like Balai Resort and tell the DM or instructor what your capabilities and preferrences are... they are much more familiar with the current conditions than you would be right now

let your first few dives be under the supervision of divers much more experienced than you... that will allow you to get the maximum enjoyment you want from diving...

Jag

We did our course with sea cid. and we did stay in balai. I just wanted to get an idea of my options before hand

shugar:
hey! who'd you do your course with?

i would suggest that you coordinate with your instructor or go via an anilao dive resort like Balai Resort and tell the DM or instructor what your capabilities and preferrences are... they are much more familiar with the current conditions than you would be right now

let your first few dives be under the supervision of divers much more experienced than you... that will allow you to get the maximum enjoyment you want from diving...

Jag

Hey, congratulations on your certification!!!

For easy diving - what we call "comatose" diving - try Darilaot...

Safe diving!

kulot:
We did our course with sea cid. and we did stay in balai. I just wanted to get an idea of my options before hand

hey we're "school mates"!!! i got my cert with sea-cid too... with mel and casty about a year ago...

i'm also maintaining the balai website so if you've inquired online at the site i would have been the one who answered your email hehehehehehe

i just got back from a dumaguete trip with mel... i'll be posting my trip report real soon but suffice it to say that they're great teachers... i did things in dumaguete that would get a LOT of heat here on scubaboard hehehehe... but i'm alive and unbent so there

JAg

Hey what a small world. :)

shugar:
hey we're "school mates"!!! i got my cert with sea-cid too... with mel and casty about a year ago...

i'm also maintaining the balai website so if you've inquired online at the site i would have been the one who answered your email hehehehehehe

i just got back from a dumaguete trip with mel... i'll be posting my trip report real soon but suffice it to say that they're great teachers... i did things in dumaguete that would get a LOT of heat here on scubaboard hehehehe... but i'm alive and unbent so there

JAg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom