need help...what chould i buy,,,,,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joco

Registered
Reaction score
HI everyone

i am frome canada ontario

i am new here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i start to spear fishing some time ago,,,,,,,,,

But now i whan to get serious,,,,,,,,,,

I want to buy everything,,,,,,frome palm mask knif,,,,

what kind whitch model ,,,is the best for me,,,,,,,,,,,,i wnat to go spearfishing snorkling and mabe one day wit bottle but mainly snorkling (apne)

SO what chould i buy,,,,,,,,what kind and model id the best ,,,,,,in palm..mask...tuba,,,,,knife,,,,,,,,,,flashlight,,,,,,,,,,

i already have 3 speargun,,,,but in case i by a nother one waht do you guys recomende to me,,,,,,,,,,

thanks is there anyone helse here frome ontario or quebec?

thanks to all

joco

Joco - first off, Spearfishing in ANY FORM is VERY ILLEGAL in Ontario. in Quebec it is legal, but not ontario.

I'll give you my gear list that use/used when i lived in ontario, although I never spearfished there I did a lot of freediving all over the province and some in quebec.

Mask: Cressi Bigeyes (black on black)
Snorkle: Oceanic flexy one with a purge
Suit: Omer Mimetic Med 5mm
Fins: Omer Bat 30's
Knife: UK Blue Tang

your best bet is to hook up with some local freedivers and find out what they are using. there is a freediving club through Dolphino's Dive Store in Ottawa and you can find others through www.freedivecanada.com. there are also quite a few of us over at www.deeperblue.net.

Illegal gets you a fine/slap on the wrist. Very illegal, well.... they catch you spearfishing in Ontario it falls under poaching. They take your dive gear, your spear gun, your boat, your truck and anything else you used to commit the criime. then they fine you $5K-$10K and/or throw your *** in jail. Fish cops don't screw around.

Quote from a famous Texas Lawyer : " It may be dishonest but it's legal ... it's only illegal if you get caught ... and it's not a crime until they prove it." Of course the same lawyer said : " If they can afford me they must be innocent." The lawyer was Percy Forman ... 6ft 5" with red hair .... one of the greatest (and richest) legal minds of the past 100 years.

QUETZAL:
HI ALL

Actualy i live in hull quebec,,,,,,,,,,just accros the bridge that devide quebec and ontario,,,,,,,,,,,,i saw ottawa because its more easy for people to pinpoint where its it,,,,,,

But do live in quebec,,,,,,,,

And its very legal to fish,,,whit spearguns or dart wil swiming,,,,,,,,go for walley ,,,pike bass,,,,,,,,,and a lot more kind off fish,,,,,,,

But its iligal spearing,,,,,,,salmon,sturgeons,musky,lake trout,,,,,,,,,,

but i do follow the regulation,,,,,,,,,,,sorry about telling frome ottawa ,,but it was only for the purpose off pinpoint where i was,,,,,,,

but i am still looking to no my best choice off,,,,,,,,,palm,mask and all,,,,,,,,

right now all i got frome c.t. or w.m.,,,,,,,,,,

thanks guyssss

and sorry for the english i am french.....

joco

Salut Joco, I used to Work in Hull/Gatineau at the booze Cruise, Le Cousieum Outaouis (Spelling?) :D pitty to hear about Le Bop buring down, used to have fun there :D head over to Vanier and see Burton's Dive Shop or Dolphinios in Ottawa (by landsdown I think), the folks there can set you up :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom