Pompano Area Doubles Rental?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Henryville

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am making a trip in February with my LDS to do wreck diving out of Pompano Beach. I want to use double AL 80s with an isolation manifold and DIN valves. Does anyone know of a place where I could rent these in the Pompano area?

Thanks,

Dev

Henryville:
I am making a trip in February with my LDS to do wreck diving out of Pompano Beach. I want to use double AL 80s with an isolation manifold and DIN valves. Does anyone know of a place where I could rent these in the Pompano area?

Thanks,

Dev

Anchor Scuba is the only place in Pompano I've ever seen doubles. Don't know about rentals. The owner is hillarious and his wife is very tolerant.

You can find double alum 80s in Dixie Divers,
Fill Express or Anchor Scuba. I am sure other
centers would have them too. So relax, you'll
find them. Fill Express web site has a list
of stores in the area, copy it and phone them
to reserve the set
You can bok your trip on line or phone at the
same time.

Thanks, looks like FIll Express is a good place to start and only 4 Mi from the hotel. Looking forward to visting some of these wrecks!

Dev - when you firm up your travel dates, let Mark at FE know what you'll need and when so he can have it all ready for you. Twinned steels are no problem, but the aluminum inventory has been thinned out a little.

Ocean Diving (www.oceandiving.com) will propably be able to set you up as well.
I´ve used them for both my trips to Florida and Jim (the owner) regularly hits the fun wrecks as well...just one more option...

Thanks again for the suggestions, guys. Looks like I'll be able to bring plenty of gas!

Dev

Jim at Ocean Diving closed his shop on Federal recently. Wayne Huizinga bought his building and the whole surrounding area to put in a new marina complex. He moved his stuff out to a building on Powerline, but it sounds like he's going to focus more on his commercial diving interests than the recreational market.

Really?
I did some fun dives and took some courses with him last year...
Guess I´ll drop him a line and see whats what...would be a shame, I had a great time during the two weeks I was there last year...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom