Orlando Disney world

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

badgers

Contributor
Reaction score
has anyone ever been on the Epcot dive in there living sea's aquarium?
I am going to be there the first week of Feb.

thank you for your time and have a good day

If you do a search on "DiveQuest" in the "Florida Conch Divers"-forum you'll find several threads.

Laurens

I asked the same question earlier this year.

Pretty much everyone said they liked it and it was worth it.
FYI... it's not cheap. I think around $155 +/-

They I think only do 2 dives per day. Each dive takes a couple
hours for orientation, watch the video, etc. I'm pretty sure
you need reservations beforehand to do the dive.

FYI... There is or was a $10 or $15 off coupon on the NAUI
website at one time for this. I found it in a search either here
or on the message board on scubadiving.com

Hope that helps. -Mike

Just did it on Thursday (1/6/05). It was awesome!

Those new sand tiger sharks they just put in are rather intimidating if you've never encountered sharks underwater before (it was my first experience). They are about 8' long and go about 250 lbs according to the divemaster.

There are two dives per day (4:30pm and 5:30pm). It costs $140.00 retail, but if you are certified with PADI, you can get a 10% discount if you ask. They may take other organizations for the discount, not sure though.

The tank is 203' in diameter and 25' deep. Visibility is crystal clear as the water is filtered at a rate of 35,000 gallons per minute.

All proceeds go to the Disney Wildlife Conservation Fund, so I didn't feel so bad making the donations for my wife and I to do the dive. The Disney crew is awesome and very friendly and you will be diving in brand new top of the line Scubapro equipment.

I'll post a full review of it along with my Manatee snorkeling trip to Crystal River as soon as I get my bearings back from getting in on the red-eye this morning.

Moved to Florida. A few of us have dove this place, there is plenty of info out there if you even check the similar threads at the foot of this page you will see some. I enjoyed the dive, i would suggest the later of the two options, you get a little more dive time :wink:

We took Pearce's brother & sister-in-law to Epcott for New Years Eve. The dive is expensive, but very cool. Literally... as in your exposure protection is a measly 3mm shorty that makes you go "waahahahahhaaaa!" as soon as that 75F water trickles in. :eek:

But seriously, the new additions to the tank are very interesting. Yes, the teeth on that sandshark can make you do a very quick inhale, but the rest of the critters are also pretty awesome: 450# turtle, a 5 1/2 foot grouper, some white tipped sharks, large queen triggers, porkfish, damsels, etc., etc., etc. Of course many of us find the critters on the OTHER side of the glass the most interesting, especially the juveniles of the species, which are very entertaining. :bounce:

This was our 2nd Epcott dive. Other than a similar "Special Occasion", I don't think I'd do it again, because it is rather expensive, even with a discount. However, there one fellow claimed that this was his 14th time there, so I guess SOME people find good reason to go back. :wink:

We will be there this Sunday 1/16; I'll let you know how it goes. I think I am going to ask for TWO wetsuits!

I guess I'm just tough skinned or something. I thought the 3mm shortys were perfect. I was not cold at all, and neither was my wife, who gets cold doing just about anything. Anything more and I would have probably been too warm.

We thought the water felt good after baking all day at Epcot in 80+ degrees and 100% humidity. Of course, that may have something to do with our being aclimated to living in Colorado.

There was one woman in our group that requested and got two wetsuits. Just ask them when they are getting your sizes before the briefing.

Have fun!

I didn't get my reservation in on time, so couldn't do it when I took the family up for Christmas at Disney, but on a price related note, if you're certified by PADI, you'll get a 10% discount; I would have paid $126.00. I guess that
Putting
Another
Dollar
In
is much like "it pays to Discover." :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom