Jet Vs. Bio fin pro xt c-series

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JThompson

Contributor
Reaction score
Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States
# of dives
500 - 999
Every one is always talking about the jet fins and how great they are so I was wondering if they are as good as the new stiffer bio fins. Now just to make this clear, I mean all around diving fin, not just cave diving.

"Every one is always talking about the jet fins and how great they are so I was wondering if they are as good as the new stiffer bio fins."

Everyone?--no, not everyone. Lot's of divers love the Jet, there are a bunch that don't and some like me are downright anti-Jet. I have my reasons but with me it is actually more a full foot vs open back issue than the actual blade design--but with that everyone does not like or use Jets. N

Oh boy, here we go.

I realize it was a figure of speach, I catch myself all the time doing similar. Sorry that it sounded so harsh. The Jet is a great fin. They have been around a long time and I recently learned that they were first introduced around 1964!!! My main and dominant beef is that I simply do not fare well with any of the strap type fins. I should not single out just the Jet, other of the strap types kill my feet and arches just as fast. I do in fact have a pair of Jets and some old Rockets etc. The Apollo fin I can give no guidence on ---sorry---but I think people who generally like the solid "paddle" type fins might find some adjustments to be made in kicking style with a split--I believe that the Jet is a very versatile fin, perhaps more so than any other. If Jets came in a full foot they would probably be on my feet. Good luck with your research. N

Nemrod:
I realize it was a figure of speach, I catch myself all the time doing similar. Sorry that it sounded so harsh. The Jet is a great fin. They have been around a long time and I recently learned that they were first introduced around 1964!!! My main and dominant beef is that I simply do not fare well with any of the strap type fins. I should not single out just the Jet, other of the strap types kill my feet and arches just as fast. I do in fact have a pair of Jets and some old Rockets etc. The Apollo fin I can give no guidence on ---sorry---but I think people who generally like the solid "paddle" type fins might find some adjustments to be made in kicking style with a split--I believe that the Jet is a very versatile fin, perhaps more so than any other. If Jets came in a full foot they would probably be on my feet. Good luck with your research. N

I was only kiddin' around becuase splits vs Jets has been beat to death and always sparks a hot debate(do a few searches if you haven't already)

Surely there's a pair of fins out there for you. Have you tired the Scubapro Twin Jet in Black. The feel is as close as a split comes to the Jet and the foot pocket is much more comfortable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom