Scubapro Twin Jet Adjustable Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zboss

Contributor
Reaction score
All-

I recently had the opportunity to try out some Scubapro Twin Jet Fins (adjustable) down in the tropics. I usually dive with Oceanic Carib full foot fins but a buddy of mine had the Twins and I thought I would try them out...

I got to tell you - they are horrible. I am well aware that you need to adjust your kicks when using split fins but when using these fins it felt like my feet had an additional twenty pounds of lead in each boot. It took a tremendous amount of energy to kick even just a little bit compared to my Oceanics.

I'll also used the Oceanic Vortec split fins and found them much more kind on my legs.

Just my two cents...

That's really surprising because when I use my twin jets it feels like I almost have nothing on my feet. I also have the twin speeds and can actually say I like them better than the jets.

I've dove with almost all fins available and I use the twin jets. I even have a backup pair. It's a very easy fin to use.

Quarrior:
That's really surprising because when I use my twin jets it feels like I almost have nothing on my feet. I also have the twin speeds and can actually say I like them better than the jets.

This is why I was so eager to give them a shot... the fin was the right size, my feet were properly inserted into them and my booties tucked underneath my wetsuit.

I'm not familiar with the Twin Speeds...

zboss:
I'm not familiar with the Twin Speeds...
The Twin Speeds are a little stiffer than and heavier than the Twin Jets. They work very well for frog kicking where as the Twin Jets seem to flimsy for it.

Brian

Twin Jets are the best on the market and easiest to dive with. Did you dive with the turtle's ???

Thats the only pair i can think of that are heavy..

mcm007:
Twin Jets are the best on the market and easiest to dive with. Did you dive with the turtle's ???

Thats the only pair i can think of that are heavy..

You say they are "the best" but frankly - I didn't care for them at all for the reasons I outlined at the start of this thread. I find my full-foot caribs much faster and lighter than the jets.

I have never used turtles. As a note - there are a lot of reviews of fins (i.e. FASTEST FINS EVER! 2005 FIND MODEL REVIEWS... etc. etc.) but I find they lack a fundamental analysis of the fins. For example - how about measuring their dimensions? Weight? Parts availabilty, their bouyancy characteristics...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom